cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Swapping my phone number with wifes phone

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi all,

I`m about to get a new iphone6 but would like to give it to my wife and have have her old iphone 4s.

How easy would it be to transfer my wifes old number to my iphone6 account and my number to her iphone4 account. Basically swapping numbers between two phones/accounts. Were both on O2 contracts/accounts so no inter-phone company hassle to include.

Thanks,

Message 1 of 18
17 REPLIES 17

Anonymous
Not applicable
Yes they do ask you to top up on a payg SIM card before leaving the store but one can order online and wait for it to be posted without having to top up
Message 11 of 18

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi. Thanks for the reply. The problem with that is that they have different tarrifs and i`d like my wife to have the new iphone 6 tarrif but with her number.

nay ideas?

Cheers.

Message 12 of 18

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144335 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27666 Solutions
The only way you could do it was to cancel the current contract and port the number to a new one. No other way possible unless CS were willing to switch the allowances around account side but it's not something they do usually.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 13 of 18

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 23071 Posts
  • 1025 Topics
  • 3675 Solutions

As CS are swamped with iPhone related calls at the moment, it would probably be best to get your new phone and deal with trying to do your swap in a few weeks after the dust has settled.

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 14 of 18

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi all,

This is proving to be a bigger pain in the b*m than I thought. All I wanted to do was get my wife an upgrade and couldn`t just upgrade her account/phone for her if she wasn`t there. I had to upgrade mine and hope i could swap it all over afterwards. Looks like we`ll be getting each others calls for a bit then. Tsk,

Cheers.

Message 15 of 18

jonsie
  • 93229 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6976 Solutions

You could just treat her and buy her a sim free 6 from Apple, then sell your phone and use the 4s Whistle

Message 16 of 18

Anonymous
Not applicable

When I win the lottery that will be my first port of call. Until then...............

Message 17 of 18

jonsie
  • 93229 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6976 Solutions