Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Swapping from o2 monthly to pay as you. Keeping same number

Selena
Level 1: Joiner
  • 6 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Hi I really need some help. My monthly contract ends on 30th April. I have ordered a pay as you go sim as it’s a better deal. However I can’t contact o2 customer service because of the virus. Tried ringing 202 like it says but I get cut off as it’s not an emergency. Everytime I look on there site for how to keep my number it just sends me back to ring 202. Please can somebody help as to how I keep my number with o2 and to change from monthly to pay as you go. The help will be very much appreciated as I am getting extremely frustrated with being sent round in circles. Thank you
Message 1 of 10
9 REPLIES 9

gmarkj
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 12101 Posts
  • 94 Topics
  • 1125 Solutions
You will need to speak to customer services to move from pay monthly to pay as you go.
Once you receive the PAYG sim, top it up and make sure it works. Then call one of the numbers in the link below.
Use any option to get through to someone.

Please note, this is not customer services and we cannot access your account. Do not publish personal details (email, phone number, bank account).

Link to our guide on how to contact them can be found here

Message 2 of 10

Selena
  • 6 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Hi thank you for your reply. I already have a new sim. I cant get hold of customer service due to this virus as stated above as it’s not classed as an emergency. I can’t get hold of anybody at o2. Even web chat is turned off.
Message 3 of 10

Selena
  • 6 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Hello also you haven’t posted a link for me to click on. Many thanks
Message 4 of 10

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93252 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6984 Solutions

Everything is taking longer due to the lockdown. Call centres and social distancing means limited staff to handle all the queries. Patience needed I'm afraid.
https://community.o2.co.uk/t5/Other-Products-and-Services/Coronavirus-Covid-19-Community-Help-and-Su...
Other numbers to try
0800 977 7337
0800 587 4005
0800 0901808

Message 5 of 10

gmarkj
  • 12101 Posts
  • 94 Topics
  • 1125 Solutions

Yes I did.

It is in my signature so I don't have to copy and paste each time I reply.

Annotation 20**Personal info** 152341.png

Please note, this is not customer services and we cannot access your account. Do not publish personal details (email, phone number, bank account).

Message 6 of 10

Selena
  • 6 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
So what you are saying is that I’m stuck having to pay for a contract that I do not want. I’ve had a look on the link and under things we can’t do is change our contracts and keep our number
Message 7 of 10

Selena
  • 6 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
It’s not appeared on my side so I can’t view that. There is no link for me to click on
Message 8 of 10

gmarkj
  • 12101 Posts
  • 94 Topics
  • 1125 Solutions
To do that you would need to call @Selena.
While it is not an emergency if you do nothing then you will be out of pocket. To me that classes as an emergency.
You might need to try a number of different options to get through.
As to why it was not there, it might be because my signature does not show in mobile view. Will have a look and see if I can fix that...

Message 9 of 10

Selena
  • 6 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Thank you for your help
Message 10 of 10