Did you mean: 

Swapping SIMs numbers between 2 active O2 contracts

Hopeful2BHappy
Level 4: Observant
  • 76 Posts
  • 6 Topics
  • 1 Solutions
Hello everyone,

My question is complicated, so bear with me whilst I explain, please.

My inquiry is about 2 of my monthly contracts phones:
- mobile A has tariff B and number C;
- mobile D (my new phone) has tariff E and number F;

I would like to swap number C with number F, so I will have:
- mobile A with tariff B and number F;
- mobile D (my new phone) with tariff E and number C;

Please advise how this may be possible to be achieved.

I do not intend to cancel any contracts.

Thank you all in advance
Message 1 of 14
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Hopeful2BHappy
  • 76 Posts
  • 6 Topics
  • 1 Solutions
Dear All,

Just to say a massive THANK YOU for your assistance. Now my issue has been solved! (Since 1 week ago, but unfortunately, due to tiredness of work commitments, I had no time to update you all until today).

Thank you jonsie and gmarkj for the initial replies to my desperate call for help!

I followed gmarkj's advise and pm Marjo; she has been brilliant!: understood my issue and passed on my details to the wonderful Joanna, our O2Community Guru, (super Guru if you ask me!)...

Less than 24 hours one phone was sorted, then due to other network PAC transfer waiting/protocol, few days later, my second phone was sorted!!!

I am really, really pleased and grateful!!!

Joanna was super efficient, knowledgeable and effective, in constant phone contact and emails until problem solved.

Marjo too kept me updated alongside.

Both ladies were patient with my less technical abilities and explained everything with professionalism and very friendly manner.

I cannot thank enough our Marjo and in particular Guru Joanna!!!!

Both have restored my faith in O2!!!

You will understand that I cannot give you details of this solution, as it is a private matter, however, I can strongly advise to get in touch with Marjo and Joanna, should you exhausted all options.

Kindest regards and forever grateful 😊

View solution in original post

Message 6 of 14
13 REPLIES 13

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 92929 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

Unfortunately that isn't possible with O2 and how their systems are set up. As soon as you transfer one number it will close that account.

Have you looked into the possibility of a tariff chang?

If it's simply that you want the number C on mobile D you could change the sims over.

Message 2 of 14

gmarkj
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 11995 Posts
  • 94 Topics
  • 1120 Solutions
^^ as per @jonsie post, what you want is not possible.
Swapping a number from one SIM to another on o2 causes the SIM losing the number to stop working and a final bill to be produced.
Depending on what tariffs you are on it might be possible to get the tariffs changed so that they are reversed, and then you could just swap the physical SIMs.
Without having access to your accounts it is difficult to know...

Please note, this is not customer services and we cannot access your account. Do not publish personal details (email, phone number, bank account).

Link to our guide on how to contact them can be found here

Message 3 of 14

Hopeful2BHappy
  • 76 Posts
  • 6 Topics
  • 1 Solutions
Thank you both, Jonsie and mark for your replies. Unfortunately it is not what I expected to hear...

Sorry for my ignorance, but I am confused between "could change the sims over" and "they are reversed, and then you could just swap the physical SIMs". Please explain further.

I am happy for a private messaging to discuss in details my issue.

Kindest regards
Message 4 of 14

gmarkj
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 11995 Posts
  • 94 Topics
  • 1120 Solutions

@Hopeful2BHappy wrote:
My inquiry is about 2 of my monthly contracts phones:
- mobile A has tariff B and number C;
- mobile D (my new phone) has tariff E and number F;

I would like to swap number C with number F, so I will have:
- mobile D (my new phone) with tariff E and number C;

Apologies for causing confusion @Hopeful2BHappy .

SIM cards are the little cards that make your phone work - it contains info about how to connect to the network (and which one), an identifying number for you and the network and a few other things that your phone needs to work properly. Like anything else, they can and do occasionally stop working.

They come in 3 sizes (standard, micro and nano) and depending on your phones they might be different from one phone to the other.

When someone talks about doing a SIM swap, they mean just that - swapping the existing card in their phone for another one.

As swapping the numbers between the two sim cards is not possible, it MIGHT be possible to swap the tariffs.

So instead of number C and number F swapping, change tariff B to tariff E and E to B.

This means that you end up with 

- mobile A has tariff E and number C
- mobile D (my new phone) has tariff B and number F

Once this has happened, you swap the SIM cards and have the result that you wanted, namely:

- mobile D (my new phone) with tariff E and number C

If all of this seems overly complicated, then it might be best to go into an o2 store and ask for help.

Please note, this is not customer services and we cannot access your account. Do not publish personal details (email, phone number, bank account).

Link to our guide on how to contact them can be found here

Message 5 of 14

Hopeful2BHappy
  • 76 Posts
  • 6 Topics
  • 1 Solutions
Dear All,

Just to say a massive THANK YOU for your assistance. Now my issue has been solved! (Since 1 week ago, but unfortunately, due to tiredness of work commitments, I had no time to update you all until today).

Thank you jonsie and gmarkj for the initial replies to my desperate call for help!

I followed gmarkj's advise and pm Marjo; she has been brilliant!: understood my issue and passed on my details to the wonderful Joanna, our O2Community Guru, (super Guru if you ask me!)...

Less than 24 hours one phone was sorted, then due to other network PAC transfer waiting/protocol, few days later, my second phone was sorted!!!

I am really, really pleased and grateful!!!

Joanna was super efficient, knowledgeable and effective, in constant phone contact and emails until problem solved.

Marjo too kept me updated alongside.

Both ladies were patient with my less technical abilities and explained everything with professionalism and very friendly manner.

I cannot thank enough our Marjo and in particular Guru Joanna!!!!

Both have restored my faith in O2!!!

You will understand that I cannot give you details of this solution, as it is a private matter, however, I can strongly advise to get in touch with Marjo and Joanna, should you exhausted all options.

Kindest regards and forever grateful 😊
Message 6 of 14

Cleoriff
  • 122382 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

Great to hear @Hopeful2BHappy  wink

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 7 of 14

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 92929 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you for letting us know about the successful outcome @Hopeful2BHappy smiling

Message 9 of 14

FrankS
Level 1: Joiner
  • 9 Posts
  • 3 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hello,

I have the same question but am not sure if this is actually solved or not.   My current situation is:

I have 2 Pay Monthly O2 SIM contracts

Account A / SIM A / Phone No 1 with 5 months to run on the contract

Account B / SIM B / Phone No 2 on a rolling monthly plan - not locked to a contract

Ideally I want to swap the phone numbers to end up with:

Account A / SIM A / Phone No 2

Account B / SIM B / Phone No 1

Based on this thread, I am not sure if it is impossible to do this OR that it is possible if you know the "right people".

So, can anyone help me by either pointing me in the right direction of HOW to do this or put me in touch with the "right people"or simply reinforce the "cannot do this" answer.

Thank you,

Frank

Message 10 of 14