cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Swapping Numbers Between Contracts?

Anonymous
Not applicable

I have a Pay Monthly contract and a Business contract and wish to swap the numbers associated with each account. I still want both to run, I'm not looking to close any accounts, but will O2 let me do this, and if not, is there any kind of workaround in order to achieve this by transferring to a PAYG sim first etc? Thanks for any assistance you can give.

Message 1 of 10
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143438 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions

Sorry no, not possible to keep both numbers.
Anyway you tried you would lose one of the numbers.

Rather than switching numbers though, you could change the account types on both, but this would have to be done when they were due an upgrade to avoid fees.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 10
9 REPLIES 9

MI5
  • 143438 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions

Sorry no, not possible to keep both numbers.
Anyway you tried you would lose one of the numbers.

Rather than switching numbers though, you could change the account types on both, but this would have to be done when they were due an upgrade to avoid fees.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 2 of 10

Anonymous
Not applicable
Can it be done and one number kept? There is only one number I want to keep anyway. The other one is not used so I don't care if I lose it or not.
Message 3 of 10

MI5
  • 143438 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions

Yes, but it will end the contract you move the number from, so you will be down to one contract only and a cancellation fee if the contract hasn't run it's minimum term.

Currently using:
Message 4 of 10

Anonymous
Not applicable
I wonder why moving the number closes the account? The number is being replaced with another one so surely there isn't a lack of a number associated with the account. It seems rather odd the system works like this.
Message 5 of 10

MI5
  • 143438 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions

It's how all networks work.
The number is the account, once that moves the account ends, it isn't allocated a new number.

Currently using:
Message 6 of 10

Anonymous
Not applicable
Ah well, the Business account doesn't end for another 18 months and when it does I want to close it anyway and just stay as Pay Monthly with the number on the Business account. I'll just have to wait until next year then!
Message 7 of 10

MI5
  • 143438 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
You can do it know if you pay off what's left, or just wait as you say.

Currently using:
Message 8 of 10

Anonymous
Not applicable
Nah, I don't really think it's worth paying over £600 now just to end a contract early and swap numbers when I can pay that off monthly and do it next year!
Message 9 of 10

MI5
  • 143438 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
Fair enough mate

Currently using:
Message 10 of 10