Did you mean: 

Swapping 02 numbers query

Janey81
Level 1: Joiner
  • 8 Posts
  • 5 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi,

We have an O2 pay monthly contract, and an O2 pay and go phone. Our work circumstances have changed and it makes more sense for me to use the pay monthly contract and my partner to use the pay and go tariff, but we need to keep the our own phone numbers. Is this possible? I want to find out before I bother the O2 call centre!

Thanks,

Jane

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions

Hi @Janey81 

It is not possible to switch the numbers between those two accounts unless you migrate the numbers to the corresponding platforms, but it would mean the monthly contract would need to be fully paid.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 2 of 4

Janey81
Level 1: Joiner
  • 8 Posts
  • 5 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Thanks M15,

Just to clarify, do you mean the full cost of the 18th contract would neeed to be paid, or just paid uo to date, which it is?

Thanks again

Jane

Message 3 of 4

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions

@Janey81 

The full cost as you are effectively cancelling it when switching to PAYG.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 4 of 4