Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Swap my Swim failed

Bromfielda
Level 1: Joiner
  • 5 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hey hope you can help because Im losing the will! 

I left EE and joined O2 with an upgrade from the iPhone X to iPhone 12 Pro. EE gave me a PAC code after telling them Im leaving and going elsewhere. I ordered a new phone and got it, the information pack. It said I dont need to do anything for 24 hours in which my sim will swap over automatically and my old sim will stop working and then my new sim will be activated and ill be good to go. All I'll need to do is put my new number into the settings under phone and messages on my new phone. However, this hasnt happened.

After 24 hours nothing happened so I did it manually, I did it via the O2 app with swap my sim, I put the sim number in and with my number etc. It said my sim on my new phone was activated and that in 24 hours the old phone should stop working. Surprise surprise the EE phone is still running and hasnt lost service or anything. All calls and texts are going to my EE phone, when I try and change my number on phone and messages on my O2 phone it wont save, it goes back to the o2 number. I have tried calling customer service on O2 but they are shockingly bad that Im wondering why I ever left EE. I called EE who told me there was nothing they can do because I left EE. Do I need to do anything on my EE phone? I was tempted to reset it all baack to factory but didnt want to incase my new phone didnt work. Its lockdown as well so i cannot go to any phone shops. Please can someone help!!

Message 1 of 10
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions

@Bromfielda 

When you call, you will be asked for the reason you are calling.
Stay silent for 15 seconds and you will be taken to the keypad options.
Press 2 for Everything Else
Press 5 for More Options
Press 7 for Anything Else which will put you though to someone.
You can also try saying "Upgrade" or "Fraud" to be connected to an advisor.
8.00am is the best time to call if you can.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)

View solution in original post

Message 6 of 10
9 REPLIES 9

MI5
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions

@Bromfielda 

You can't sim swap between networks.

You need to port your number in.

Help here https://www.o2.co.uk/help/device-and-sim-support/how-to-keep-your-mobile-number

Bringing your number to O2

Before we can transfer your number, we'll need your PAC code. This is made up of three letters and six numbers. You can get this from your current provider and it will be valid for 30 days. 

You can give us your PAC code when you order your new O2 connection or at any time afterwards. Once you’ve given us your PAC code you’ll switch to our network within one working day (Monday-Friday, 9am-5pm, excluding bank holidays). If we receive your code after 5pm, you’ll switch within two working days. If you provide your PAC code at the weekend, you’ll switch on the following Tuesday.

If you want to switch to O2 at a later date, just contact us with your PAC code when you’re ready to switch. You can give us your PAC code online.Or call us on 202 free from your O2 phone, on 0344 809 0202 from any other phone, or visit an O2 store. PAC codes are only valid for 30 days, but if yours expires, don’t worry – you can always request a new one.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 2 of 10

Bromfielda
  • 5 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hey, 

I already did this and still nothing happened. I tried it again but it's saying error. When I text 202 20 SWAP to do it another way, it says my sim is activated on my new phone yet its not my old number on the new phone and my old phone sim is still activated

Message 3 of 10

MI5
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions

@Bromfielda 

You'll need to send the porting form again.

You will get a text back with a changeover date if it is accepted by O2.

Or call them Guide: Coronavirus Community Help and Support 

Currently using:
Message 4 of 10

Bromfielda
  • 5 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Tried that but it keeps saying error. Ive sent it like 3 times and now I cant send it anymore haha I havent got any text with a change over date. How long until I am meant to get this? 

I have tried calling but all I get is a robot giving no help!

Message 5 of 10

MI5
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions

@Bromfielda 

When you call, you will be asked for the reason you are calling.
Stay silent for 15 seconds and you will be taken to the keypad options.
Press 2 for Everything Else
Press 5 for More Options
Press 7 for Anything Else which will put you though to someone.
You can also try saying "Upgrade" or "Fraud" to be connected to an advisor.
8.00am is the best time to call if you can.

Currently using:
Message 6 of 10

Bromfielda
  • 5 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Amazing thank you. I will try that now and if it fails, I will try tomorrow morning

Message 7 of 10

MI5
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
Good luck slight_smile

Currently using:
Message 8 of 10

Bromfielda
  • 5 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Update: 

Following MI5's advice with the calling and pressing the keys, I was connected to a HUMAN (thank god!) advisor to who I explained my situation. We were on the phone for just under 15 minutes in which she resolved it and said my phones will be sorted tomorrow as the working day is over. 

She says the problem was my PAC code did not go through and hadn't been authorized, being why I did not receive any communication from them. This was not a problem for her as she put through another form for me and told the tech people to issue my old number to my new sim tomorrow! 

So thank you MI5! grin

Message 9 of 10

MI5
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions

Great news @Bromfielda and thanks for updating.

Welcome to O2 yahoo

Currently using:
Message 10 of 10