Did you mean: 

Swap from Pay monthly to pay as you go

Anita75
Level 1: Joiner
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hello, 

How do I go about swapping from pay monthly sim to a pay as you go, whilst keeping the same number?

Message 1 of 4
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143423 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions

@Anita75 

Switching your number from Pay Monthly to Pay As You Go

We can take care of moving your number and even arrange for your new Pay As You Go sim. Get in touch by calling us on 202 free from your O2 phone, or on 0344 809 0202 from any other phone. We'll do the rest.

If you're on O2 Refresh you can only move to Pay As You Go once your Device Plan is paid. If you're not on O2 Refresh but still in your contract minimum term, you might need to pay a termination charge, and our Customer Service team can talk this through with you. You’ll receive your final Pay Monthly bill 14 days after you move to Pay As You Go. You’ll need to settle any outstanding balance.

https://www.o2.co.uk/help/device-and-sim-support/how-to-keep-your-mobile-number

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 4
3 REPLIES 3

MI5
  • 143423 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions

@Anita75 

Switching your number from Pay Monthly to Pay As You Go

We can take care of moving your number and even arrange for your new Pay As You Go sim. Get in touch by calling us on 202 free from your O2 phone, or on 0344 809 0202 from any other phone. We'll do the rest.

If you're on O2 Refresh you can only move to Pay As You Go once your Device Plan is paid. If you're not on O2 Refresh but still in your contract minimum term, you might need to pay a termination charge, and our Customer Service team can talk this through with you. You’ll receive your final Pay Monthly bill 14 days after you move to Pay As You Go. You’ll need to settle any outstanding balance.

https://www.o2.co.uk/help/device-and-sim-support/how-to-keep-your-mobile-number

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 2 of 4

Anita75
Level 1: Joiner
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

HI MI5, 

I Attempted to contact O2 by calling 202, however after selecting the department i need help with, i got told to go to 'my O2' or hang up to try again. My friend tried to do something similar at branch and she was told to contacct support as well, so im guessing theres no point of me visiting my local branch.

Message 3 of 4

MI5
  • 143423 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions

@Anita75 

You need to contact O2.
All alternative numbers are in this guide Guide: Coronavirus Community Help and Support 
When you call, you will be asked for the reason you are calling.
Stay silent for 15 seconds and you will be taken to the keypad options.
Press 2 for Everything Else
Press 5 for More Options
Press 7 for Anything Else which will put you though to someone.
You can also try saying "Upgrade" or "Fraud" to be connected to an advisor.
8.00am is the best time to call if you can.

Currently using:
Message 4 of 4