Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Suspicious number for Voicemail

Lorenzo
Level 2: Apprentice
  • 8 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 1 Solutions

Recently the number that calls to advise me of Voicemail has bizarrely changed into 07802 000000 which actually reports as suspicuious or spam activity. I have tried to speak with o2 about this but they advised me to take it to my local store - Wimbledon. There they refused point blank to even discvsus the matter and referred me back to Customer Services who have recomended they put a block on ALL international calls! I have reached the end with them; clearly being a customer for 22 years means nothing. Any suggestions before I head down to Carphone Warehouse for a new provider?

Message 1 of 12
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Lorenzo
  • 8 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 1 Solutions

Many thanks for this and your PM. I've spent large parts of the afternoon in discussion with Customer Services and it seems to be the case that my phone - since 13th June - think it's overseas and so the Voicemail number, or Message Centre, has changed. 

But there was no apology for either this or the huge amount of time I've wasted on it since then, with o2 oblivious to my concerns, and now I'm being made to jumnp through further hoops to get it resolved. All without anyone being sure that it even can be!

So, I am beginning the process of cancelling my direct debit, getting a phone from a provider that actually cares about its customers and, as I said, previoiusly, I will be only too delighted to get into a legal battle with these people. I don't think they'll enjoy, especially with my contacts in the media (that's my job), having their company name dragged through the mud.

View solution in original post

Message 9 of 12
11 REPLIES 11

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 23047 Posts
  • 1025 Topics
  • 3674 Solutions

@Lorenzo I would suggest you call customer service again in the hope that you will get a more sympathetic person on the call. 07802 is not an international prefix, so I'm not sure what you have been told. What happens when you dial 901 to retrieve your voice messages?

If you're that unhappy, I'd try to clear this up before you go off in a huff. If you've been with O2 for 22 years there must be something you are happy with. If you do decide to go to another provider, which you are certainly entitled to do, check to see what your coverage would be with the new provider before you switch, and also think about how long you have left on your contract, which you would have to pay off if you left.

https://www.o2.co.uk/contactus

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 2 of 12

EmilieT
Former Staff
  • 5434 Posts
  • 304 Topics
  • 65 Solutions

Hi @Lorenzo, I hope you found the reply above from @Bambino helpful smiling Could you please let us know how you're getting on with this? Are you still stuck or all sorted?

Access for You: Registration - Find out how to register for our Access for You service.
Want to chat with other fellow-minded members? Head to our Off-topic section for some interesting chit-chat.
Check out our Priority board for tickets & offers updates, and to discuss all things Priority-related!
Welcome to O2! - New to O2? Find out all you need to know to get started!

If you'd like to take part, why not register? slight_smile
signature

Message 3 of 12

Lorenzo
  • 8 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 1 Solutions

I'm afraid the situation remains unchanged and it is obvious that o2 aren't interested in resolving it. Yes, if I dial 901 then I get through to my Voicemail but when I miss a call and the service phones me it is coming from the same number, 07802 000000 which is marked as fraudulent or spam! Given I have been receiving suspicious calls from places as diverse as Hawaii and Chile since this started I have serious concerns over the security of my phone/number/service. These concerns are clearly not shared by my current provider.

Message 4 of 12

EmilieT
  • 5434 Posts
  • 304 Topics
  • 65 Solutions

Hi @Lorenzo, I'm not sure how much we can help but I'll send you a PM (Private Message on the forum) to get some more info and we can see from there slight_smile

Access for You: Registration - Find out how to register for our Access for You service.
Want to chat with other fellow-minded members? Head to our Off-topic section for some interesting chit-chat.
Check out our Priority board for tickets & offers updates, and to discuss all things Priority-related!
Welcome to O2! - New to O2? Find out all you need to know to get started!

If you'd like to take part, why not register? slight_smile
signature

Message 5 of 12

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144206 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27635 Solutions
We’ve had this before and it’s not a voicemail you are receiving. You get a call which when answered sounds like a voicemail asking you to press 1 to listen which then dials a premium rate number which you are charged for.
It’s a scam and numbers must be blocked to avoid excessive bills.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 6 of 12

Lorenzo
  • 8 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 1 Solutions

Thank you for this. I must confess, this is my concern but I have to say again that o2 don't share that concern and have now washed their hands of it. I am still a few months away from the end of my agreed contract but I am today going to talk with an advisor about how I go about breaking that contract and going to another provider. Given their total lack of interest in my issue I actually relish the legal battle ahead and will be delighted if they wish to pursue me for the broken contract. Of course, our argument will be that they have effectively terminated it theirselves, given their refusal to attend to a legitimate - and serious - complaint. 

Message 7 of 12

MI5
  • 144206 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27635 Solutions

See here https://community.o2.co.uk/t5/How-to-Guides/Cancelling-Your-Contract-A-Guide/ba-p/566774 for help on cancellation @Lorenzo 

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 8 of 12

Lorenzo
  • 8 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 1 Solutions

Many thanks for this and your PM. I've spent large parts of the afternoon in discussion with Customer Services and it seems to be the case that my phone - since 13th June - think it's overseas and so the Voicemail number, or Message Centre, has changed. 

But there was no apology for either this or the huge amount of time I've wasted on it since then, with o2 oblivious to my concerns, and now I'm being made to jumnp through further hoops to get it resolved. All without anyone being sure that it even can be!

So, I am beginning the process of cancelling my direct debit, getting a phone from a provider that actually cares about its customers and, as I said, previoiusly, I will be only too delighted to get into a legal battle with these people. I don't think they'll enjoy, especially with my contacts in the media (that's my job), having their company name dragged through the mud.

Message 9 of 12

jonsie
  • 93188 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6967 Solutions