cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Suspect vat refund email

Anonymous
Not applicable
Today I receved an email saying "In response to an increase in VAT in the EU and currency changes, and as a result of last week's VAT-related price change, it has come to our attention that between Oct 2012 and Oct 2014 there was a system error which resulted in some of our customers paying the incorrect rate of VAT on some services.

This email had all my personal information, but asked me to follow a link to log into my account, has anyone else seen an email like this? The email looked legitimate, if anyone from O2 monitors this thread, please let me know how to report this.
Message 1 of 374
373 REPLIES 373

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 92812 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6909 Solutions

Seems to much of a coincidence but no one has reported it on the community as yet. This all seems to have quietened down now so it seems the fraudsters are giving us a temporary respite.

Message 371 of 374

Anonymous
Not applicable

No - I got the EU VAT refund phish several times earlier THIS year.

Message 372 of 374

Anonymous
Not applicable
@Anonymous There were quite literally hundreds if not thousands who got the email around January time. This is the first I recall of someone's bank account also being hacked / someone ordering a phone or phones.

There were conversations with senior management at o2 who were shall we say "non committal" and said it couldn't possibly be o2.

Can you keep us in the loop with what happens?
Message 373 of 374

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 92812 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6909 Solutions

Yes I know you got them this year Adele and we all have our suspicions on the source of the leaked information. Your account take over seems to be a further development but I was just saying we have seen nothing about this for a couple of months and I'm really surprised it came to nothing in the media.

Message 374 of 374