cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Suspect vat refund email

Anonymous
Not applicable
Today I receved an email saying "In response to an increase in VAT in the EU and currency changes, and as a result of last week's VAT-related price change, it has come to our attention that between Oct 2012 and Oct 2014 there was a system error which resulted in some of our customers paying the incorrect rate of VAT on some services.

This email had all my personal information, but asked me to follow a link to log into my account, has anyone else seen an email like this? The email looked legitimate, if anyone from O2 monitors this thread, please let me know how to report this.
Message 1 of 374
373 REPLIES 373

Anonymous
Not applicable
Message 2 of 374

Anonymous
Not applicable
Message 3 of 374

Cleoriff
  • 122117 Posts
  • 823 Topics
  • 7456 Solutions

@Toby  the Community coordinator did ask that we report all such emails via the phishing link given above.

Basically do not respond or give any information back to the sender...

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 4 of 374

Anonymous
Not applicable

I have received the same email today - as I was suspicious I called 02, and was told it will be reported to the Fraud Team ----- but, they aren't in until Monday now!!

Message 5 of 374

Cleoriff
  • 122117 Posts
  • 823 Topics
  • 7456 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:

I have received the same email today - as I was suspicious I called 02, and was told it will be reported to the Fraud Team ----- but, they aren't in until Monday now!!

But you can report it yourself by forwarding it here wink

Phishing

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 6 of 374

Anonymous
Not applicable

I have received the same email twice this evening. I shall forward it to O2 as a phishing email. What concerns me is that the email contained information about my email address, phone number, phone, its serial number and PUK code, contract details and monthly fee. The only company that knows all that info is O2. And that means that O2 have either given someone that information without my consent or it has been stolen from them. I am about to call them and ask for an explanation. 

Message 7 of 374

Anonymous
Not applicable

Iv 2 been sent this email second time this evening also kno every thing about me and my phone very angry and think i might just cancel with them !also going to report.

Message 8 of 374

Cleoriff
  • 122117 Posts
  • 823 Topics
  • 7456 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:

I have received the same email twice this evening. I shall forward it to O2 as a phishing email. What concerns me is that the email contained information about my email address, phone number, phone, its serial number and PUK code, contract details and monthly fee. The only company that knows all that info is O2. And that means that O2 have either given someone that information without my consent or it has been stolen from them. I am about to call them and ask for an explanation. 

Most of these recent scam emails have held a great deal of personal information such as you claim.

O2 assured customers the breach of security had not compromised accounts. However like yourself had it happened to me I would be extremely concerned. I will mention the community coordinator @Toby  so he is made aware of this happening again slight_frown

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 9 of 374

viridis
Level 56: Guvnor
  • 13530 Posts
  • 106 Topics
  • 308 Solutions
"contained information about my email address, phone number, phone, its serial number and PUK code, contract details and monthly fee"

That's one hell of a keylogger.
Message 10 of 374