Welcome to the O2 Community

Has your question already been answered? See the community FAQ's

Pay Monthly

Anonymous

Re: Suspect vat refund email

Hi all,

Update on the Vat refund email

O2 are investigating, and taking this serious. Emailing the complaints team now will not resolve anything and will be a waste of time .

O2 are asking customer's to forward the emails to phishing@o2.com,  the more examples they collect the better, it will give them a better idea of what is going on.

Hope this helps Smiley Happy

Highlighted
Topics: 83

But to be fair, this is not a regular phishing situation, this is data protection, fraud, phishing and identity theft all rolled into one.

Anonymous

Thank you @Anonymous for the update and guidance
Anonymous

@Anonymous wrote:

Actually just checked through all my old e-mails, and this data comes from Nov 2009. We didn't have joint accounts. We both applied separately for O2 sims (I was accepted, he was turned down) - for some reason O2 mixed up my details and mobile number with my partners DOB and billed him. It took ages to get them to delink the accounts, and I had difficulty cancelling as they kept saying my account was my partner's, even though he had no account with them! Eventually we got it cancelled. Not sure if that helps at all??!

@Anonymous do you remember what store you used?

Topics: 580
Solutions: 4,299

Topics: 83

And again @Anonymous I apologise prior to saying this, I have told Toby this is not a keylogger and someone higher up was feeding him pr bull. This was weeks ago and o2 need to retract the statement blaming end users machines that were not infected with a keylogger.
And fast.
I would also recommend o2 emails every customer on its books and requests a mandatory password change, for the short term while the breach is investigated.

Topics: 766

Yes I think many of us have including the phishing link in our replies.....but as @viridis says this seems a lot more problematic than just a 'normal scam'. Certainly more sophisticated then the one earlier this month?..

*The Game Is On*

Most-Helpful-MemberFriendliest-MemberMost-Useful-GuideBest-Feedbacker
Anonymous

I have just been onto www.telefonica.com and selected the country United Kingdom and the site is "down for maintenance" which during the day seems unusual.

Linked? ??
Anonymous

I can't comment much ,as you can imagine, but it is being taken serious and being investigated.

Anonymous

just been there and nothing odd...? It links ok with O2 UK...