Welcome to the O2 Community

Has your question already been answered? See the community FAQ's

Pay Monthly

Anonymous

Re: Suspect vat refund email

Much appreciated. O2 this evening were not helpful. They told me to forward them to phishing@o2.com and were unable to tell me when this would be investigated and when they would contact me again. I am very concerned about this lack of interest in what is potentially a security breach. I suspect they have hacked into my online account. I shall change my password and hope that O2 decide to take this seriously. I'm disappointed by their apparent lack of urgency about this, though.
Topics: 83

I would perform a full pc scan with a detector for a keylogger too or it will just grab your new password.
What browser do you log on with and does it autocomplete?

Topics: 768

@Anonymous wrote:
Much appreciated. O2 this evening were not helpful. They told me to forward them to phishing@o2.com and were unable to tell me when this would be investigated and when they would contact me again. I am very concerned about this lack of interest in what is potentially a security breach. I suspect they have hacked into my online account. I shall change my password and hope that O2 decide to take this seriously. I'm disappointed by their apparent lack of urgency about this, though.

I really understand your concerns. O2 made a statement about it at the beginning of the month. I can't find the thread now which is why I have mentioned @Toby . There have been no further complaints on the forum since the statement was made... so I am sure they were hoping it had stopped Smiley Sad

*The Game Is On*

Most-Helpful-MemberFriendliest-MemberMost-Useful-GuideBest-Feedbacker
Anonymous

[ Edited ]
I have had the same email, and O2 chat is useless, being told to forward an email that has all my details, which can only have come from O2 is useless. Then trying to ring the helpline, to then get an automated reply saying that no one is there till Monday smacks of incompetence. O2 needs to admit it has had its security breached, and contact all its customers to stop people logging onto a very genuine looking link. I only use an IPad to log on, so no key logger would be able to work.
Anonymous

Good point. I'm on chrome and I never save passwords, but the keylogger is a good point. All that info is on my online account though, and I suspect they have just hacked into it. I'll scan the PC. Thanks
Topics: 575
Solutions: 16,224

O2's explanation for the last issue was users PC's that were compromised and not a breach at O2's end - Strange how it only seems to be O2 accounts that are been targeted though ?
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
OnePlus 6 (O2 & Sfr), Z3 Tablet (Three UK), iPhone 8+ (EE)

@MI5 wrote:
O2's explanation for the last issue was users PC's that were compromised and not a breach at O2's end - Strange how it only seems to be O2 accounts that are been targeted though ?

And Rich...Five new posters on this thread alone complaining they have received these today? Certainly looks as if the scammers are on a roll again now...Smiley Mad

*The Game Is On*

And an ipad only access, no keylogger there.

@viridis wrote:
And anipad only access, nokeylogger there.

Explain please to the uninitiated? @viridis 

*The Game Is On*

It has no keys.