Did you mean: 

Surely This Is Fraud

thfc5975
Level 1: Joiner
  • 3 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 1 Solutions

OK, hello everyone.

So on the 9/4 I placed a pre-order for a p20 pro, including a £75 deposit. The date given on the order was a guaranteed click and collect date of 23rd of April from my local store.

We are now on the 25th of April and as of yet, I have not been assigned an o2 number and more importantly my device has not turned up.

So far I have had three online chat conversations ALL promising that it will be here on the 23rd and a couple of phone conversations where last night I was gauranteed that it would be here by Friday of this week. Naturally I was suspicous of how sure this lady was on the phone last night so thought I would ring early doors and double check. I spoke to a nice lady who advised that according to her "live" stock system that had come in but for some reason as I had done a pre-order it hadn't picked up. She did offer to refresh but that would put me to the back of the cue to get one again and waiting nearly 3 weeks is enough in anyones books. Seriously I know people who ordered iPhone X's and got them sooner. The cherry on top was the fact that I walked into CPW and was told there would be one there in 2 days for me.

So getting to the point of my post title, surely if o2 have accepted not only my order and many others, knowing that they did not have the stock to fulfil in time, that would be classed as fraud/obtaining monies by deception and that is serious in no uncertain terms.

I understand delays happen, but there is no excuse for non communication with a customer.

Message 1 of 12
11 REPLIES 11

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 122357 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

@Bambino wrote:

Glad to hear you got a result....and don't call me Shirley.

Never fails to crack me up @Bambino LOL

Pleased to hear you appear to be getting your phone @thfc5975. Persistence is usually the best way to get results wink

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 11 of 12

Anonymous
Not applicable

It's only fraud if the supplier intends to never supply the item, but keeps taking money with full knowledge of this. Or intends to supply an item of considerably inferior quality.

And in any case £75 is way below what the P20 pro costs, so that and any other monies taken before the phone is delivered would be classed as the deposit.

Message 12 of 12