cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Support says 3G OK, Shop says 3G OK, chat says 3G OK - surely it can't be me

Anonymous
Not applicable

New tarrif and SIM on Friday.  Fnally got a phone signal Sunday morning.  Still no 3G.  Have gone through every test and even got another sim from the shop since "everything is working" allegedly. Guy next to me in the shop - same problem yet they still insisted network now OK!

Cannot leave the house since I need emails as self employed.   Is this ever going to be rectified or do I cancel and move account?  Also why the lies?

Message 1 of 11
10 REPLIES 10

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 92917 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

It will be fixed in time.....but it's taking a ridiculous amount of time. It's really not good enough o2!

Message 2 of 11

Liquid
Level 44: Clearly Talented
  • 5942 Posts
  • 98 Topics
  • 305 Solutions
I feel sorry for you:(

Don't suppose you have another phone to try the sim in?
Nothing sucks more than that moment during an argument when you realize you’re wrong. So Ive been told wink
Message 3 of 11

Anonymous
Not applicable

Tried that - no 3G using new SIM in old phone

Message 4 of 11

jonsie
  • 92917 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

It's definitely not fully provisioned yet. It's a waiting game I'm afraid. Keep rebooting in the meantime:smileysad:

Message 5 of 11

Anonymous
Not applicable

they told me the 3G part was provisioned 10pm last night....more lies?

Message 6 of 11

jonsie
  • 92917 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions
Message 7 of 11

Anonymous
Not applicable

Have spent another hour now with a Guru on chat - nice chap but still reckons SIM fully provisioned

Message 8 of 11

Liquid
Level 44: Clearly Talented
  • 5942 Posts
  • 98 Topics
  • 305 Solutions
Hmm. Question is if you call it do you get voicemail or number not in use?
Nothing sucks more than that moment during an argument when you realize you’re wrong. So Ive been told wink
Message 9 of 11

Anonymous
Not applicable
O2 finally admit that network issues persist:

Ewan:
Now two sims have been tried out. So there is no point in trying another sim. We have literally gone through all the checks. It seems be a network error for sure. And 3G should be restored back at the earliest. I can't tell you an exact time because random customers are still affected. We have now assured that nothing else needs to be tried out as the 3G should start automatically for you. I would love to get this sorted out right away for you but it's out of my hands. It's an external issue and we appreciate you patience here. I'm sorry if you weren't given proper help at the O2 Store. But I don't want to keep you hanging with a time and date given for a resolution. It is an issue with random customers since friday and postively faults are getting resolved , though gradually.
me:
So O2 now admits that there are service issues at the moment?
Ewan:
I know it is annoying and yes I've been taking similar chats since Friday. So it's a known issue for us. We are able to fix a few issues by troubleshooting which I tried on this chat. O2 is well aware about the issue and it has set a bad impression on all. But at times, we can't control the geographical factors or mechanical errors. But we will  try to offer the best service in future and we don't want to lose our customers.
Message 10 of 11