cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Super slow internet after downgrading to cheaper plan!

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi All,

recently I've downgraded from 4G 20£ (12months contract) to 3G 9£ (1month) contract. Previously, I was having 2GB of 4G data and the internet was super fast. Now, I've bought 1GB bolt-on as initially I've been given only 100MB of allowance.

Look at the speed I have since Monday (the day when they switched my plan). EXACTLY after switching the internet started to be slow.

I've already asked them via Twitter what's going on but decided to ask you for an advice. I've cancelled my contract and by 28th of this month I will no longer be o2 customer (moving abroad). But still, 2 weeks to help me decide which carieer I am going to pick after returning.

Note: Card was not removed, replaced. It's still the same one, so it's not dirty and so on.

Phone: iPhone 6

Message 1 of 13
12 REPLIES 12

Beenherebefore
Level 32: Blockbuster         
  • 5063 Posts
  • 113 Topics
  • 12 Solutions

@anticpated shouldn't that be reactively upgrading all of their networks because isn't it being confirmed on here that EE and 3, overall, already provide a better product ?

Also I have searched but can find no data to substantiate O2's claim that "We’re investing £1.5million every day in rolling out our new 4G network and upgrading our current 2G and 3G networks."

"My life is a facsimile of a sham"
Message 11 of 13

anticpated
  • 3412 Posts
  • 164 Topics
  • 53 Solutions

I know someone on 3 and they get 4G pretty good locally (Fife location) and also with EE although they have more pick-up points by using roaming networks.However as O2 and Vodafone don't share resources with anybody else, it makes their job increasingly larger and more time consuming.

Samsung Galaxy S10, Samsung Galaxy S21 Ultra
Message 12 of 13

anticpated
  • 3412 Posts
  • 164 Topics
  • 53 Solutions

Maintenance logs provided by engineers although not providing concrete evidence, is some sort of documentation about people working on the masts. Maybe reactively updating is a better description.

Samsung Galaxy S10, Samsung Galaxy S21 Ultra
Message 13 of 13