Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Subject access request.

Gazpreece_1974
Level 1: Joiner
  • 13 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Goodmorning folks my first post so please go easy.

I recently put in a subject access request into o2 and it has been rejected, what I was basically asking for was a series of text msgs from my number to another o2 number and ONLY outgoing text from me to them over a 19 month period so not breaking any privacy laws to the other party. A lot is riding on this matter, now the subject access team are saying that they don't keep this info but we all know they do i,e, terrorism and organized crime investigations always find them don't they. but a court case could be lost if I don't get these. does that make sense....can anyone give me any advise on this, please.

thanks 

Gaz 

Message 1 of 16
15 REPLIES 15

Cleoriff
  • 122348 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

@Gazpreece_1974 wrote:
Hi Cleoriff thanks for that, Its not this issue i have with o2 thats making me the way i am but without going into too much detail. but ive lost my job of 10 years and the firm have admitted liability to an extent but the texts i need will prove its going back more than they want it to, if you get me
thanks again.
Gaz

I fully understand your stress over this @Gazpreece_1974

Let's wait and see what can be done for you come Monday. Relax a bit till then wink

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 11 of 16

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 92905 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

Problems unfortunately don't go away no matter the day of the week. Hope something can be done for you on Monday. The systems customer service have access to don't record text like they once did.In days gone by, an adviser could see a history of texts sent and received and there were plenty of text conversations that both parties would prefer didn't exist. I saw plenty of recorded sexting that a customer would be appalled to know advisers had access to. With the privacy laws these days, I'm not sure if messages can still be pulled off the system but if so, then someone higher up would need to be able to access them and release them in the event of police involvement or legal matters.

Message 12 of 16

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 22935 Posts
  • 1022 Topics
  • 3662 Solutions

@Gazpreece_1974 wrote:
yes but they want me to try and get them 1st before they have to request them.
Gaz

@Gazpreece_1974 If this is an ongoing court case, and you have a solicitor who must be aware that you're having health issues, why are they asking you to make the request? You shouldn't have to be doing their job for them, putting yourself under even greater stress. Doesn't make any sense to me.

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 13 of 16

sheepdog
Level 26: Upbeat
  • 3310 Posts
  • 31 Topics
  • 39 Solutions

A SAR (Subject Access Request) isn't really for accessing information on recorded calls or text. Its more to do with what information a party has on you rather than what you are doing. More info here: 

https://ico.org.uk/for-organisations/guide-to-the-general-data-protection-regulation-gdpr/individual.../

I recall correctly, the police can request details of numbers but (and it may have changed) they get charged for it by the telecom company and it wasn't cheap. 

Message 14 of 16

EmilieT
Former Staff
  • 5434 Posts
  • 304 Topics
  • 65 Solutions

Good morning @Gazpreece_1974, and welcome to our forum Wave

I'm sorry to hear about what you're going through. I'll send you a Private Message now to first get some more details, and we'll check on our end what we can find out around this request and the information you're after!

Thanks @Anonymous for the mention, and everyone else for the advice and support slight_smile

Access for You: Registration - Find out how to register for our Access for You service.
Want to chat with other fellow-minded members? Head to our Off-topic section for some interesting chit-chat.
Check out our Priority board for tickets & offers updates, and to discuss all things Priority-related!
Welcome to O2! - New to O2? Find out all you need to know to get started!

If you'd like to take part, why not register? slight_smile
signature

Message 15 of 16

Gazpreece_1974
  • 13 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
I totally understand what your saying but i need to keep costs down as it looks like its all going a bit pete tong.
Thats why im trying to obtain them
Message 16 of 16