Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Student discount problems

SamG
Level 2: Apprentice
  • 7 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 1 Solutions

hey im hoping for some help, I have been passed from pillar to post by O2 and still cannot get my issue resolved. I have just got a new refresh contract and was told that as im a student I can get 20% unidays discount. I registered to unidays and got my unique code which I sent to 61202, I got the following response 'O2: Oops we don't recognise that O2 number, Please try again, and remember it needs to look like STUDENT, 07XXXXXXXXX, UNI XXXXXXXX'. I followed that format inputing my own phone number and unidays code and keep getting the same response. I spoke to O2 gurus online who told me to phone o2. I rang them and they seem to think that my code is 4 digits too long (they think that it should be UNI with 8 characters after it whereas mine has 12) and to speak to someone instore to find out which part of the code I need to send. I spoke to someone instore who told me that they stopped the text message method of signing up about a year ago and I needed to go on to o2open.co.uk and do it through there. I went to the website, tried to register and you need a company code so can go no further. I am at my wits end because I only went for that contract at that price because I was made to believe that i would get 20% off my airtime bill. Any help would be appreciated. 

Message 1 of 15
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

SamG
  • 7 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 1 Solutions

All sorted thanks to Emilie contacting o2 on my behalf yahoo

It turns out there was a glitch on my account due to my phone number having previously been linked to a carphone warehouse contract. They gave me the discount manually and a wee bit extra for the hassle.

Thanks everyone for your help

View solution in original post

Message 13 of 15
14 REPLIES 14

EducatedDevice
  • 19 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 1 Solutions

Have you tried asking your region of study if they have a O2 open discount code, Some companies provide their employee with them.

That's the first inital check i would do on this circumstance!!

All the best,

ED

O2 Guru,
O2 Customer Service Advisor,
Android user

If and when i help you within the community, It's out of work hours meaning i will not access any accounts during our interaction. (Which is not allowed anyway).
Message 2 of 15

MI5
  • 149061 Posts
  • 640 Topics
  • 28464 Solutions

Hi @SamG 

Have a read of our guide here.

It should explain it all for you https://community.o2.co.uk/t5/How-to-Guides/O2-Open-amp-Friends-and-Family-discounts-How-to-sign-up/...

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.
Please select the post that helped you best and mark as the solution. This helps other members in resolving their issues faster. Thank you.
Message 3 of 15

SamG
  • 7 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 1 Solutions

Hi @MI5 

Thanks for replying, Yeah i have read all of the guide, i have followed it but i cant get past the 'text your code to 61202' stage, it just wont accept my code.

Message 4 of 15

SamG
  • 7 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 1 Solutions

Thanks Ed 

its a pretty big university, i wouldnt even know who to contact to see if they know the code. 

Message 5 of 15

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 149061 Posts
  • 640 Topics
  • 28464 Solutions

@SamG wrote:

Hi @MI5 

Thanks for replying, Yeah i have read all of the guide, i have followed it but i cant get past the 'text your code to 61202' stage, it just wont accept my code.

Did you register for Unidays from the links?

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.
Please select the post that helped you best and mark as the solution. This helps other members in resolving their issues faster. Thank you.
Message 6 of 15

SamG
  • 7 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 1 Solutions

I signed up for unidays then followed the links on the o2 student page. i clicked the link from the o2 page to sign in to unidays and retrieved my code that way

Message 7 of 15

MI5
  • 149061 Posts
  • 640 Topics
  • 28464 Solutions

OK, I'll call in @EmilieT and @Marjo to ask our community guru for help.

Message 8 of 15

SamG
  • 7 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 1 Solutions

Thank you, its driving me mad lol

Message 9 of 15

MI5
  • 149061 Posts
  • 640 Topics
  • 28464 Solutions
Hang on and someone will message you asap.
Message 10 of 15