cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Student Discount

Anonymous
Not applicable

I am just about to buy a phone on contract online and I would like to know if I can get the 30% student discount after purchace when I go instore to pick up the phone or if I have to go through the whole process of getting the contract in store.

Message 1 of 6
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi,

You will need to go into the store to have this type of discount applied.

o2 help link :  http://www.o2.co.uk/studentoffer

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 6
5 REPLIES 5

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi,

You will need to go into the store to have this type of discount applied.

o2 help link :  http://www.o2.co.uk/studentoffer

Message 2 of 6

davethorp
Level 21: Regular
  • 1035 Posts
  • 11 Topics
  • 38 Solutions

Also worth mentioning that if the phone you plan to get is an iPhone 5S the student discount isn't available with this handset (sadly as otherwise I'd have it too)

Message 3 of 6

Anonymous
Not applicable

@davethorp wrote:

Also worth mentioning that if the phone you plan to get is an iPhone 5S the student discount isn't available with this handset (sadly as otherwise I'd have it too)

I still find it difficult to get my head around that omission !

Ludicrous.

Smiley Frustrated

Message 4 of 6

davethorp
  • 1035 Posts
  • 11 Topics
  • 38 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:

@davethorp wrote:

Ludicrous.

Smiley Frustrated

Entirely agree. Given the discount now comes off the airtime portion of the refresh tariff only and this is independant of the handset I really can't see what relevance the choice of handset has at all

Message 5 of 6

Anonymous
Not applicable

@davethorp wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@davethorp wrote:

Ludicrous.

Smiley Frustrated

Entirely agree. Given the discount now comes off the airtime portion of the refresh tariff only and this is independant of the handset I really can't see what relevance the choice of handset has at all

True.....

I think the last time this was questioned it was intimated that its a business decision.  

Message 6 of 6