Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Student Discount / O2 Open Excluded Devices

MrFrenzy
Level 2: Apprentice
  • 36 Posts
  • 13 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Looking to get the new iPhones when they're released, and have a student discount I want to use. I just wondered if anyone knows whether the new iPhones are excluded from the discounts? I remember years ago they were but don't know if that changed? Any ideas on the last couple years?

Message 1 of 4
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93914 Posts
  • 610 Topics
  • 7017 Solutions

Yes they will be excluded so if you want to apply a student discount then you need to decide if your desire for the latest and greatest  outweigh your desire for the discount

If not you may need to wait a couple of months before going for the release date purchase

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 4
3 REPLIES 3

jonsie
  • 93914 Posts
  • 610 Topics
  • 7017 Solutions

Yes they will be excluded so if you want to apply a student discount then you need to decide if your desire for the latest and greatest  outweigh your desire for the discount

If not you may need to wait a couple of months before going for the release date purchase

Message 2 of 4

MrFrenzy
Level 2: Apprentice
  • 36 Posts
  • 13 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Sorry another question related to this… I’ve searched the forum and twitter/x but can’t find when o2 allowed discounts on the iPhone 15 after launch? 

my phone is on its last legs - I might upgrade to the 15 that’s on offer, and then in 3 months switch up to the 16 pro max and apply my student discount at that time. Anyone know?

Message 3 of 4

MI5
  • 148899 Posts
  • 640 Topics
  • 28444 Solutions

@MrFrenzy 

It's not a fixed length of time.

O2 determine it by availability to supply demand.

If a device proves very popular and supply is restricted, it could be 6 months, conversely, it could be 6 weeks.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.
Please select the post that helped you best and mark as the solution. This helps other members in resolving their issues faster. Thank you.
Message 4 of 4