cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Student Discount Information

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi there,

I'm just wondering, but on the student discount page (http://www.o2.co.uk/studentoffer), it mentions "Valid student card required".

Does this;

A) define your college/university id?

OR

B) define a NUS or other relevant card?

I'm just curious as the website is a little sparse in this detail.

Thanks for any help recieved.

Message 1 of 13
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Anonymous
Not applicable

Did someone mentioned moi? slight_smile As usually I dig out the boring stuff, so appologies but it's time for terms and conditions... Number 3 answeres ur question but It gives u a lot of information you should know before u go to the store.Hope this helps, and enjoy ur new phone wink

Student Offer 30% off O2 Refresh Airtime Plans (from 11 September 2014)

11 September 2014: These terms have been updated to reflect the following changes:

• Clause 1 has been updated to clarify that the list of excluded devices is available at:https://o2open.co.uk/O2Open/servlets/ShowFAQ
  • Clause 7 has been updated to clarify that a student customer may claim a maximum of one discount on an eligible handset and one discount on the purchase of an eligible tablet, dongle or bundle (in each case on Refresh only)
  1. Offer: Students get 30% discount off O2 Refresh Airtime Plans on selected new or upgrading 24 month contracts. This offer is subject to availability. O2 reserves the right to change or withdraw these offers by notifying customers on our website that the changes have been made.
  2. These promotional terms and conditions relate to the discounts for students on O2 Refresh Airtime Plans sold in conjunction with an eligible device plan and apply in addition to O2's standard Pay Monthly Airtime Agreement, and O2 Refresh terms and conditions available at www.o2.co.uk/terms
  3. Students must have a valid form of student ID (e.g. Acceptance Letter, Student Card) and must notify or show this at point of sale. The discount will not be applied until Students have successfully completed their discount registration by texting the relevant keyword to 2020 and following the subsequent text instructions. The relevant keyword and any verification codes needed will be supplied by the retail advisor after ID verification.
  4. Pay Monthly O2 Refresh connections are available to customers 18 and over, subject to status, credit check, payment by Direct Debit and 24 month contract.
  5. Students who show their valid student ID card in store and successfully complete their discount registration within 28 days of purchasing a valid new or upgraded 24 month contract, will be eligible for 30% off their O2 Refresh Airtime plan. Discounts will be applied within 48 hours.
  6. This offer cannot be taken in conjunction any other offers.
  7. One discount available on an eligible handset and one discount available on the purchase of an eligible tablet, dongle or bundle per customer.
  8. No cash alternatives are available.

View solution in original post

Message 5 of 13
12 REPLIES 12

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143457 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions

Either I would imagine although @Anonymous will be the best person to ask.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 2 of 13

Anonymous
Not applicable
The link doesn't work for me
Message 3 of 13

MI5
  • 143457 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:
The link doesn't work for me

Remove the last bracket from the end of the link mate.

This is it http://www.o2.co.uk/studentoffer

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 4 of 13

Anonymous
Not applicable

Did someone mentioned moi? slight_smile As usually I dig out the boring stuff, so appologies but it's time for terms and conditions... Number 3 answeres ur question but It gives u a lot of information you should know before u go to the store.Hope this helps, and enjoy ur new phone wink

Student Offer 30% off O2 Refresh Airtime Plans (from 11 September 2014)

11 September 2014: These terms have been updated to reflect the following changes:

• Clause 1 has been updated to clarify that the list of excluded devices is available at:https://o2open.co.uk/O2Open/servlets/ShowFAQ
  • Clause 7 has been updated to clarify that a student customer may claim a maximum of one discount on an eligible handset and one discount on the purchase of an eligible tablet, dongle or bundle (in each case on Refresh only)
  1. Offer: Students get 30% discount off O2 Refresh Airtime Plans on selected new or upgrading 24 month contracts. This offer is subject to availability. O2 reserves the right to change or withdraw these offers by notifying customers on our website that the changes have been made.
  2. These promotional terms and conditions relate to the discounts for students on O2 Refresh Airtime Plans sold in conjunction with an eligible device plan and apply in addition to O2's standard Pay Monthly Airtime Agreement, and O2 Refresh terms and conditions available at www.o2.co.uk/terms
  3. Students must have a valid form of student ID (e.g. Acceptance Letter, Student Card) and must notify or show this at point of sale. The discount will not be applied until Students have successfully completed their discount registration by texting the relevant keyword to 2020 and following the subsequent text instructions. The relevant keyword and any verification codes needed will be supplied by the retail advisor after ID verification.
  4. Pay Monthly O2 Refresh connections are available to customers 18 and over, subject to status, credit check, payment by Direct Debit and 24 month contract.
  5. Students who show their valid student ID card in store and successfully complete their discount registration within 28 days of purchasing a valid new or upgraded 24 month contract, will be eligible for 30% off their O2 Refresh Airtime plan. Discounts will be applied within 48 hours.
  6. This offer cannot be taken in conjunction any other offers.
  7. One discount available on an eligible handset and one discount available on the purchase of an eligible tablet, dongle or bundle per customer.
  8. No cash alternatives are available.
Message 5 of 13

MI5
  • 143457 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
slight_smile Thank you

Currently using:
Message 6 of 13

Cleoriff
  • 122387 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

Yes...thanks @Anonymous  We know we can rely on you....:smileytongue:

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 7 of 13

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks  @MI5 &  @Anonymous   I'd read that section but wasn't sure of what exactly they meant by it.

Thank you for clarifying it for me, It's always nice to have a helpful community.

Message 8 of 13

MI5
  • 143457 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
It's our pleasure Dave slight_smile

Currently using:
Message 9 of 13

Anonymous
Not applicable
glad to help slight_smile
Message 10 of 13