cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Stuck in a bad deal

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Can anyone please tell me if you can change from a pay monthly tarrif to one of the new tarrifs that have unlimited minutes and texts ,it seem rediculously unfair that o2 are offering this tarrif to new customers at only £26 whilst i currently have to pay £24 for just 300 mins and 500 o2 minutes.When i tried to have a look at upgrading they only offered 600 mins with 500 o2 minutes for £29 .It dosn't seem fair that that is all they are offering.I vaguely rememeber that any tarrif would bew avilable to existing customers that dosnt seem to be the case ,

Message 1 of 8
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93252 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6984 Solutions

Unfortunately once you are tied into a contract you have to stay with it for the minimum term. Offers come along at various times obviously to entice new customers and make the new tariffs attractive.

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 8
7 REPLIES 7

jonsie
  • 93252 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6984 Solutions

Unfortunately once you are tied into a contract you have to stay with it for the minimum term. Offers come along at various times obviously to entice new customers and make the new tariffs attractive.

Message 2 of 8

Anonymous
Not applicable

Are you still in your current term or is it coming to an end and you want to upgrade ?

Message 3 of 8

perksie
Level 69: Guiding Light
  • 27019 Posts
  • 247 Topics
  • 1614 Solutions

You're asking about the fairly new On and On contract and this is available to anyone on their contract renewal date £26 without a phone included of course, or extra with a phone.

To support Disasters Emergency Committee: http://www.dec.org.uk/appeals text Nepal to 70000 to send £5

Sky Unlimited Broadband - Windows 10 - Nexus 4 Android 5.1.1
Message 4 of 8

Anonymous
Not applicable

It's all too common that when people are buying a phone contract the primary things they look at is the handset, then monthly cost , then free gift if applicable then tariff details and network.

So many go for a higher monthly fee so they are not paying a handset fee and don't think about the long term costs.

When you were looking into a deal and signing on the dotted line did you not think hang on most tariffs out there have unlimited this and that. I'm not having a go but doing a little homework beforehand would mean you probably would not have been in the situation you are now.

For example I pay £25.50 on payg a month for 300 cross network minutes, unlimited texts, 50 mms, 1gb data and unlimited wifi which is stronger than what your currently receiving. Admittedly I pay upfront for my handset but the upside I'm not locked into any contract term or network.

Message 5 of 8

perksie
Level 69: Guiding Light
  • 27019 Posts
  • 247 Topics
  • 1614 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:

I'm not having a go but doing a little homework beforehand would mean you probably would not have been in the situation you are now.

For example I pay £25.50 on payg a month for 300 cross network minutes, unlimited texts, 50 mms, 1gb data and unlimited wifi which is stronger than what your currently receiving. Admittedly I pay upfront for my handset but the upside I'm not locked into any contract term or network.

I expect the OP was perfectly happy on that deal when they signed up for it! slight_smile

Prices and deals will always change which is why I never take out long term deals.

To support Disasters Emergency Committee: http://www.dec.org.uk/appeals text Nepal to 70000 to send £5

Sky Unlimited Broadband - Windows 10 - Nexus 4 Android 5.1.1
Message 6 of 8

jonsie
  • 93252 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6984 Solutions

There's no point in complaining when new tariffs or offers come out. It's a fact of life that offers are revised to compete with the market. If people are happy enough to sign up then dwell on the fact that it's a better offer now, just accept that it happens.

Message 7 of 8

Anonymous
Not applicable

Next time, do what pretty muth most people here seem to do, buy s handset you want then go on a sim only or payg deal rather than tie yourself into an expensive 24 month contract

Message 8 of 8