Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Struggling to pay during furlough period

Lorraine4
Level 1: Joiner
  • 1 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
I have been put on furlough period at work and brings me unable to pay my bill until I get back to working full hours. I saw on the 02 website about calling 0800 902 0217 if you was having trouble, I then called this number and was put through to someone on the phone that made it very unclear for what I should do/ could do. I was told a £3.50 late fee would be put on my account and so on, however I was not even asked when I could pay and was told I was going to be put on hold to put it all though and then hung up. What should I do?
Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3

pgn
Level 74: Whizz kid
  • 35918 Posts
  • 228 Topics
  • 1589 Solutions

You are going to have to call O2 Payments Team, @Lorraine4- numbers contained in the doc linked below.

Chances are your phone will be cut off, it is automatic once you go into arrears, so you will have to call O2 each time that happens until the bill is settled in any case. Land-line numbers in the doc below as well, for when this happens. 

Guide: Coronavirus Community Help and Support

Try calling around 8am weekdays, and try any option until you get onto the music on-hold queue - then listen to music until they answer. 

A good book and the phone on hands-free mode helps 👍

Message 2 of 4

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144308 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27660 Solutions

@Lorraine4 

Call back Guide: Coronavirus Community Help and Support 

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 3 of 4

TallTrees
Level 49: Rootin' Tootin' 
  • 10767 Posts
  • 120 Topics
  • 347 Solutions
Yes agreed call back, that attitude was not good at customer services, @Lorraine4 There are some nice people out there 😊 even though tough times now.
Good luck and welcome to the o2 community forum from TallTrees

HAPPINESS IS BEE SHAPED

Message 4 of 4