cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Strong 4G signal at Kings Cross but infinite ping and zero data

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi O2 team and users

Not sure where to report this, but 4G seems to have been broken at Kings Cross station for the last week or so. Phones show strong 4G signal, but aren't able to get any data. Tried rebooting the phone, but makes no difference. Get to Finsbury Park and it works fine.

The O2 My Network app isn't able to provide any feedback to O2 as it can't download it's bootstrap data (whoever designed this app is a complete plonker - you need to data to report there's no data, WTH?). I've also been using OpenSignal that shows infinite pings and no data.

I'm still living in hope of 4G covering commuter routes, but it seems it can't even cover the area around the station and no O2 wifi there either.

Thanks

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 23071 Posts
  • 1025 Topics
  • 3675 Solutions

@Anonymous Can you report it using the app over WiFi? There must be one you can pick up in Kings Cross. Either that or report it when you get to Finsbury Park or call customer service.

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 2 of 5

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144336 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27666 Solutions
The app should store the data and send the report when you get a signal.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 3 of 5

Anonymous
Not applicable
Thanks, but there's no wi-fi there either. Setting location in the app is beyond fiddley.

The network may just be congested, but seems odd as there's clearly fewer people around at the moment due to holidays.
Message 4 of 5

Anonymous
Not applicable
Regarding delayed reporting - no sign that works at all. App refuses to take a report when there's no data as it can't download settings.
Message 5 of 5