Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Strange mobile calls all day

worriedmum
Level 1: Joiner
  • 3 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
I’ve been strange mobile number calls all day then I ask who it is and they say I’ve called them or text them which I haven’t and there is no record on my phone of me doing these call can someone enlighten me as it’s getting alarming
Message 1 of 16
15 REPLIES 15

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143407 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
Scammers trying to con you.
Just block the numbers they call from.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 2 of 16

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 22941 Posts
  • 1022 Topics
  • 3662 Solutions

@worriedmum Sorry to say, it's definitely scam callers. Apart from blocking the numbers, if the phone number you have isn't that important for you to keep, O2 will let you change it once for free.

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 3 of 16

worriedmum
  • 3 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
That’s the problem the phone number is important as it’s with hospitals and so many people who are medically and mental health looking after my disabled daughter
Message 4 of 16

worriedmum
  • 3 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Thought so
Message 5 of 16

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 22941 Posts
  • 1022 Topics
  • 3662 Solutions

@worriedmum If that's the case, then you'll just have to block the numbers as they come in. Most phones have the ability built in to block calls, but there are also really good apps too.

Should the number of calls become a real problem, speak to the medical facilities and explain what's going on. Given your circumstances, I'm sure they would be sympathetic to you and help you if you had to change your number.

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 6 of 16

Lifepreserver
  • 2 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I'm currently having the same issues.  I've had about 8 people this morning ring and text me claiming I've rung them.  I don't think it's a scam from their end either.

It's infuriating!

Message 7 of 16

sngx
  • 4 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I have the same issue, i'm on Virgin and have had about 10 calls already from random people. All apear to be on O2 network! 

Message 8 of 16

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143407 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
So either the scammers have an O2 sim card or they are just spoofing an O2 number.
I suggest you all PM one of the community managers with the numbers you are receiving calls from so they can build up a picture and check it out.
@Martin-O2 @Marjo @EmilieT
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 9 of 16

sngx
  • 4 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Why would scammers ring me and only ask why have i rang them? surely they'd want something from me...? All genuine people

Message 10 of 16