cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Story of iPhone 6 PreOrder & O2 stole my money!!

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi,

I had preordered a iphone 6 64GB Grey on 12th Sep 2014 and following are the events that unfolded!

1. Got a text from UK Mail on 26th Sep stating the phone will be delivered on 26th Sep between 9:48-11:48 and guess what it did not turn up.

2. Got another text from UK Mail on 29th Sep stating the phone will be delivered on 29th Sep between 11:41 - 12:41 and again no sign of the delivery.

3. I got in touch with O2 customer care on chat and I was told my address couldnt be found?!?!?! Neither O2 or UK mail did contact me to confirm the address. After confirming the address, I was promised the phone will be delivered on 2nd Oct. Phone was never delivered. Plus UK Mail status said delayed and i couldnt even change it pick up from depot!

4. I contacted O2 customer care again and i was promised again that the phone will be delivered on saturday 4th Oct! nothing turned up. So I contacted UK Mail, they said O2 had requested to send the phone back to O2 and they have done so!!!!!

5. I again contacted O2 customer care and this I was lied to by the customer care! They said the online order delivery can be changed and she has changed it store pick up for Sunday 11th. I went to the store and later found out that I was lied to by the customer care.

6. I again contacted o2 and this time they said the phone is with uk mail?!!? 

7. I got so fed up of following up so many times, I decided to cancel the order and guess what I cannot even do that! Now i am following up with O2 to refund the £199.99 I paid for the phone. Its been 4 days since all of this and no sign of cancellation or refund. Order status still says completed!!!

8. Got frustrated went on twitter about it.. I have been exchanging tweets with the O2 customer care and it went on for 2 days and still no answer by them on this order!! O2 customer care & UK mail both are just useless.

I wish I had'nt placed the pre-order!! Warning and lesson to all.

Can anybody here help me to log a formal complain against o2 and its customer service. Don't know if that is any of any use at all?

Message 1 of 17
16 REPLIES 16

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144134 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27604 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:

I have tried complaining but that customer complains team seems even more useless!! 

Is there anyway I can take legal action against O2? Does public bodies like OFCOM look into such issues and support customers?

The correct process is to email complaints and exhaust all possibilities of resolution with them.

When this point is reached you can request a "deadlock" letter and only then can you take that (and your complaint) to the Ombudsman.

Ofcom are the wrong body and will not be interested at all, and neither will the Ombudsman unless you follow the official process.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 11 of 17

jonsie
  • 93170 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6956 Solutions

That's right you can't bypass the complaints system. It's disgraceful to be honest and I would have made the complaint much earlier. The trouble is that no one at O2 seems to know anything and they just don't seem to communicate with each other, quite happily passing the buck.

Message 12 of 17

Anonymous
Not applicable

i'm in a similar boat unfortunately

o2 sent the my iphone 6+ to a different address than supplied (their very similar but the bit they ommitted was the key part) almost 2 1/2 weeks ago. 

been promised 10+ times that UKMail are investigating but everytime i contact o2 i'm told that there's no response but promise to chase again. Why am i having to constantly chase o2 despite their being a complaint in. both webchat and phone agents just lie to you to get rid of you, probably chasing their service level seeing as they queue you for so long.

Be interesting to hear where you get to with them with your complain, i'm looking at how i can escalate to get my phone back! their quick enough to take your money 

Message 13 of 17

Cleoriff
  • 122787 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7466 Solutions

@Anonymousafter 2 and half weeks with no phone to show for your wait...I personally would be looking for a refund of my money.

Its obvious a major mistake has been made with UK Mail delivering to the wrong address. I can't see you getting that phone back at all. Push for a refund would be my advice

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 14 of 17

Anonymous
Not applicable

will do - thanks for the advice!

i tried to get the ball rolling last night, but it seems during the second queuing loop within o2's IVR it just cuts you off, awesome service

nothing like being treated badly as a new customer!

Message 15 of 17

Cleoriff
  • 122787 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7466 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:

will do - thanks for the advice!

i tried to get the ball rolling last night, but it seems during the second queuing loop within o2's IVR it just cuts you off, awesome service

nothing like being treated badly as a new customer!

Sadly a very common issue during iPhone release time...:smileysad:

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 16 of 17

jonsie
  • 93170 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6956 Solutions

That's quite an investigation to take two and a half weeks. Make a written complaint and chase a refund from customer service. Email address in link.

How to complain

Message 17 of 17