cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Stolen phone

Anonymous
Not applicable

If my phones been stolen can i get another sim card and place it into another phone and carry on with my contract as usual? Anybody any ideas? 

Message 1 of 10
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144313 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27666 Solutions
Yes, of course. Just contact CS for a replacement SIM but make sure you get your old SIM blocked.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 10
9 REPLIES 9

MI5
  • 144313 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27666 Solutions
Yes, of course. Just contact CS for a replacement SIM but make sure you get your old SIM blocked.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 2 of 10

Anonymous
Not applicable

Ok thankyou slight_smile 

Message 3 of 10

Anonymous
Not applicable

You can also pick up a free replacement sim card from an O2 shop (if you have one near you)

Check here if you're not sure where your nearest store is - www.o2.co.uk/storelocator

The staff will activate it the new sim card for you with your old number while you are in store too... may save the wait of getting delivered as it can take 3-5 days to arrive through the post, if you order through customer services.

Message 4 of 10

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 23068 Posts
  • 1025 Topics
  • 3675 Solutions

If you haven't done it already, you must report the theft of your phone to O2 and to the police as soon as possible. Until you do, you are responsible for any calls, texts, and data usage made with your phone.

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 5 of 10

Anonymous
Not applicable

they will then bar the phone & stop the thief from using it or selling it on:ie handling stolen goods

Message 6 of 10

Anonymous
Not applicable
Is there any way i can activate the sim without ringing up customer services or going back into the shop?
Message 7 of 10

MI5
  • 144313 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27666 Solutions
http://swapmysim.o2.co.uk/

Currently using:
Message 8 of 10

Anonymous
Not applicable
Thankyou, just clicked on it but it seems il have to ring customer services seens though i dont have my phone to get a text through
Message 9 of 10

MI5
  • 144313 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27666 Solutions
Ah yes, of course, sorry 😞
You could try the web chat. http://www.o2.co.uk/contactus

Currently using:
Message 10 of 10