Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Stolen phone

Mikey21
Level 1: Joiner
  • 3 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi there. Has anyone been ripped off like I have in the past couple of days? I ordered a Samsung S21 5G from O2, with a three year contract, and stayed home from work in order to receive my delivery on the 05/11/21. The order was supposed to be delivered sometime between 12 and 1 pm. With that in mind, I put a note on my door indicating to the delivery man (DPD) that I was in and for him/her to knock hard on my door. I live in a small bedsit in a tower block and if he/she had knocked, I would have heard it. Anyhow...at around 2pm I opened my door and there was the parcel, sat on the floor, outside my front door. So I pick it up and take it in...and rip open the corner of the bag and took out the 'phone box...which had no phone in it. My first question is this: why didn't the delivery man knock on my door? Was he afraid that I would immediately open the parcel and discover that the phone was missing while he was there? Anyhow...I attempted to report the theft to O2 and after repeated calls and getting the usual run around, was eventually put into contact with an O2 rep. To cut a long story short, while I was on the phone to the police to report the theft, DPD attempted to contact me whilst I was in the call and couldn't answer it at that time. Therefore, after the call to the police, I rang back on the number that had called and was greeted by a 'call assistant' who could barely speak English...and after around six minutes of being 'put on hold', the call suddenly went dead...cut off from their end, not mine. Exasperated...I called again...only to be greeted by the same woman...put on hold again for a period of around ten minutes...and again the line went dead. Some 'call assistant,' eh?

By this time, I was fuming and gave up calling anyone, because by this time I had spent the best part of three hrs phoning, being put on hold etc and being treated like some sort of mug. To add insult to injury, O2 have not contacted me at all today (Sat 06/11/21) and I have found out that I have been charged £9.52 for the 'privilege' of phoning the 'call assistant' at the DPD depot. To be honest, I thought that I was dealing with a respectable delivery company, but all that has transpired is that DPD's workforce is rife with thieves. I wonder...does DPD insist on a basic DBS security check on their staff? I seriously doubt it!!! Now I am left in limbo, wondering what the hell is going on and how is this going to be resolved.

Message 1 of 7
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 22943 Posts
  • 1022 Topics
  • 3662 Solutions

@Mikey21 You need to speak to customer service. It's the responsibility of O2 to deliver your phone.
Call 202 from your mobile or 0800 032 1402 from any phone or numbers here: Guide: Coronavirus Community Help and Support 
When it comes to the reason you are calling, stay silent for 15 seconds and you will be taken to the keypad options.
Press 2 for Everything Else
Press 5 for More Options
Press 7 for Anything Else which will put you though to someone.
Say 'Upgrade', 'Lost/Stolen', or 'Fraud' if the suggestion above doesn't get you through.
Best time to call is 8 am.

If you need to contact DPD you should not have to call a premium rate number. Alternatives can be found here: SAYNOTO0870.COM - Non-Geographical Alternative Telephone Numbers

You can also reach O2 via social media: 

Facebook (https://o2uk.co/O2CFB) , Twitter (https://o2uk.co/O2CTW) or Instagram (https://o2uk.co/O2CIG)

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 7
6 REPLIES 6

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 22943 Posts
  • 1022 Topics
  • 3662 Solutions

@Mikey21 You need to speak to customer service. It's the responsibility of O2 to deliver your phone.
Call 202 from your mobile or 0800 032 1402 from any phone or numbers here: Guide: Coronavirus Community Help and Support 
When it comes to the reason you are calling, stay silent for 15 seconds and you will be taken to the keypad options.
Press 2 for Everything Else
Press 5 for More Options
Press 7 for Anything Else which will put you though to someone.
Say 'Upgrade', 'Lost/Stolen', or 'Fraud' if the suggestion above doesn't get you through.
Best time to call is 8 am.

If you need to contact DPD you should not have to call a premium rate number. Alternatives can be found here: SAYNOTO0870.COM - Non-Geographical Alternative Telephone Numbers

You can also reach O2 via social media: 

Facebook (https://o2uk.co/O2CFB) , Twitter (https://o2uk.co/O2CTW) or Instagram (https://o2uk.co/O2CIG)

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 2 of 7

Mikey21
  • 3 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Thanks there, Bambino...I do appreciate your advice. I will try and contact O2 again at 8am this morning (Sunday 07/11/21) and maybe I'll find out just what the hell is going on. Take it easy my friend, and enjoy the rest of your weekend...and thanks again.

Message 3 of 7

Mikey21
  • 3 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi there again, Bambino. No joy, I'm afraid. I managed to get hold of someone at the call centre, and the rep said that the £9:52 charge would be quashed. This hasn't happened....it's still showing on my 'additional charges' on here. I also stated that I am working in the dockyard on H.M.warships, and that I could not be contacted during the day, as I have no signal, working inside the ship...and that I could only be contacted in the evening, around 5:30pm when I'd gotten home from work. This request has been totally ignored, as they have tried to contact me during the day. They have not updated any details on here, despite my having sent a message via O2's complaints form, detailing the facts of the phone having been stolen by the courier etc. DPD have not bothered contacting me either and the whole affair has become a fxxking farce. I have stated emphatically in my complaint to O2 that I want to terminate my whole 'refresh upgrade' agreement, and yet they continue to act as if I don't exist and still continue to act as if I want to continue with this stupid upgrade. It's beyond belief that a so-called professional company like this don't have a clear, concise page in which anyone can cancel their agreement contract. If you search for this page, you just get the run-around, with page after page of useless 'help' criteria that always takes you back to the beginning. I have contacted the police regarding this matter, but have received news from them that I can't even get a crime number, as yet, because the ownership of the said stolen phone is 'up in the air', meaning that until O2 decide to get off their fat arses and get on with investigating which thieving DPD courier stole the phone, I can't even get a crime number...which no doubt, O2 are well aware of. My advice to anyone else who is even thinking of getting a phone delivered by DPD is to insist on being there when the actual phone delivery takes place, and to make sure the 'trusted courier' stays there until you open the bag and check for the phone actually being in the bag! Don't think that the courier will even bother to knock on your door. You will have to look out for him/her and receive your parcel in person as he/she delivers it. This way, you can challenge the courier to wait until you have checked the contents of the parcel. Unfortunately, my 'trusted courier' person stole the phone out from the parcel, quickly dumped the empty parcel on my doorstep, and made off without knocking or waiting for me to sign for it...a classic thieves ploy. Even better...don't order anything at all that includes DPD in the equation...otherwise there's a high risk that you'll end up like me....out of phone...out of pocket...and left with a feeling of being mugged off.

Message 4 of 7

gmarkj
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 11995 Posts
  • 94 Topics
  • 1120 Solutions

Given the issues you are having @Mikey21 I'll see if the o2 community gurus can help.

@megjess @O2Daniel @O2Emma can you please provide some support?

Please note, this is not customer services and we cannot access your account. Do not publish personal details (email, phone number, bank account).

Link to our guide on how to contact them can be found here

Message 5 of 7

O2Emma
  • 1198 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 34 Solutions

Hi @gmarkj I will pick this up thanks 😀

signature
Message 6 of 7

O2Emma
  • 1198 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 34 Solutions

Hi @Mikey21 Sorry you are having issues with this I will send you a private message so I can look into it for you.

signature
Message 7 of 7