cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Stolen PAC code

Anonymous
Not applicable

Please note I am a EE customer and my PAC has been stolen and is currently registered with O2 by the potential hacker. This means I do not have access to my number and open to fraud eg mobile banking etc. I have reported this incident to the police already. Could you please investigate my case at your end at 02.

My idea is in order for other not to experiance the same fraud it will be useful if the O2 carry's indenty checks for the individuals registering for pay as go specially with the PAC code number transfer.

I am under a lot of stress therefore please help me to resolve this case.

Message 1 of 5
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143438 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
You will need to contact O2 CS http://www.o2.co.uk/contactus This is a customer forum so CS won't see your post here. I'm sure they will raise your case with the fraud dept though once you contact them.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 5
4 REPLIES 4

MI5
  • 143438 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
You will need to contact O2 CS http://www.o2.co.uk/contactus This is a customer forum so CS won't see your post here. I'm sure they will raise your case with the fraud dept though once you contact them.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 2 of 5

jonsie
  • 92921 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

Why would anyone steal A PAC? It's not as if your number couldn't be traced? 

Message 3 of 5

Curr946
Level 26: Upbeat
  • 2174 Posts
  • 133 Topics
  • 44 Solutions
Only need access to the number for a few days and can hack bank account etc.
Current Phone: Sony Xperia XZ Premium
Message 4 of 5

MI5
  • 143438 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
They're welcome to try with my phone number, but it won't get them very far!

Currently using:
Message 5 of 5