cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Stolen Mobile Abroad - now have a bill for £1120 - Advice N

Anonymous
Not applicable
Really need some advice...

While on holiday in tenerife I had my phone stolen from my room, i had it in top drawer all holiday so I only realised it was stolen when i came to pack on the last day.

When i got home i rang 02 to block the sim, only to find I have a bill of £1120, all to spanish numbers, they have literaly abused it for fun! :robotmad:

I have no phone insurance and on reading the small print of my travel insurance, they dont cover mobile phones, never mind the costs of the calls.

I have spoken to 02 and so far they have been quite sympathetic and instructed me to wirte to their complaints department to see if anything could be done.

I just want advice from anyone who has experianced this?

My argument with 02 is that once the bill had reached £500 in 2 days! why they didnt put a stop on the account?

Any help gladly appreciated!
Message 1 of 12
11 REPLIES 11

Anonymous
Not applicable
have you checked to see if your insurance company will cover unauthorised calls?
Message 11 of 12

Anonymous
Not applicable
Just work with o2 and try to do something, if you work with them and not against them you will get more from them, I have to say I would be frustrated too if it happened to me, I hope you get the result you are looking for.
Message 12 of 12