cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Still bad signal after a year

Anonymous
Not applicable

Right,

This is maybe my fifth mess regarding o2 crap signal where i live,i have reported this many times but things arent changing, area where i live is  Plamers Green N13 signal is so bad i cannot use the phone and I get cut off many times, I asked for help here,customer service, network team and many more and i got NOTHING, this is going over an year now, and I really had enough about all this. Signal is ALWAYS low I really CANT wait to finish my contract and join some one else as no one can help or solve really basic net issues, and my phone aint faulty or even my sim aint..The prob is from o2 that DON NOT HAVE good signal and keep blaming me for faulty equipments ( what a joke I ve changed 4 phones and 4 sims and signal is still crap!).

Message 1 of 45
44 REPLIES 44

Liquid
Level 44: Clearly Talented
  • 5942 Posts
  • 98 Topics
  • 305 Solutions
Coverage checker is a broad estimate of the signal it cannot account for physical obstacles.

Do you have an old house? Are you in a valley? Large housing estate? Trees? A hill?
Nothing sucks more than that moment during an argument when you realize you’re wrong. So Ive been told wink
Message 21 of 45

Anonymous
Not applicable

I reported this millions of times i am TIRED to report it now, if you see all my posts you will find out, I called many times customer service, network team and engineers no one helped  or sent an engineers out as you saying!  To be honest i really had enough of this joke

Message 22 of 45

Liquid
  • 5942 Posts
  • 98 Topics
  • 305 Solutions
Enjoy your service my friend.

Obviously don't need help:)
Nothing sucks more than that moment during an argument when you realize you’re wrong. So Ive been told wink
Message 23 of 45

Anonymous
Not applicable
old house im renting
Message 24 of 45

kamalaggi
Level 4: Observant
  • 47 Posts
  • 15 Topics
  • 1 Solutions

I have same problem but i'm 100% sure it's the walls in my house. Could this be the problem with you???.

I've tried EE and voda networks in my house and still get poor signal in my house. My walls have some sort of foam in them which affects the signal in some rooms.

Message 25 of 45

Liquid
  • 5942 Posts
  • 98 Topics
  • 305 Solutions

Ok thank you.

In which case its more than likely got thicker walls than our current houses. Probably also uses copper pipes rather than PVC.

Old electrics are especially harmful then produce a lot of static hum after they degrade. 

Old houses are really bad for signal full stop.

Do you know far away you are from the mast? O2 spectrum is great at penetration over short distance but severely diminishes over longer distances.

Message 26 of 45

Anonymous
Not applicable

see all my post and you will see, thers signal but is too low inside my house to make or receive calls. Cov checker is rubbish it says thers a good signal in the area when is NOT!!! 

This is the first time I have read a post from you that has stated it is only in your house. So everywhere else is ok except your house. 

It is not uncommon for people to have signal problems in there home due to the materials it i constructed from and the electrical equipment interupting your signal. 

Sorry but not a lot O2 or any carrier can do to resolve that issue.

Message 27 of 45

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 22942 Posts
  • 1022 Topics
  • 3662 Solutions

No mobile phone network will guarantee you a good signal indoors. None. If you need telephone communication for your business, and your business is being run from your home, have a land line installed.

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 28 of 45

Anonymous
Not applicable

look in the t&c it cant be guaranteed you get signal everywhere 100%

Message 29 of 45

Anonymous
Not applicable

LoL I have a landline already before ya were trying to suggest it!!!

Message 30 of 45