cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Still No Service on 3G

Anonymous
Not applicable

Almost a day since o2 announced service was back to normal but I still have no 3G service. I cannot make or receive calls, send and receive messages or use the Internet via 3G. I have tried switching my phone off and on but it makes no difference. I  can pick up a signal if I switch off 3G but I get the No Service sign when I switch on 3G. What's happening?

Message 1 of 9
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Anonymous
Not applicable

UPDATE!!

I have solved my problem!! I swapped my One X for One S and installed CM10 with Jelly Bean 4.1.2. I couldn't get any data connection on both before the installation but after that 3G and 2G works even faster than before..:D

View solution in original post

Message 6 of 9
8 REPLIES 8

perksie
Level 69: Guiding Light
  • 27019 Posts
  • 247 Topics
  • 1614 Solutions

Try a call to O2, I suspect some phones are struggling to connect back onto the network.

To support Disasters Emergency Committee: http://www.dec.org.uk/appeals text Nepal to 70000 to send £5

Sky Unlimited Broadband - Windows 10 - Nexus 4 Android 5.1.1
Message 2 of 9

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks but just tried that and they don't know the answer. They told me to phone them back tomorrow (Sunday) afternoon if normal service has not resumed by then. In the meantime still without 3G service.

Message 3 of 9

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi guys, same problem here. HTC One X and no data connection at all since Friday. I can text, call etc but no internet over gsm or 3g yet. A smartphone without an internet connection is a useless brick. I have never had a different network than o2 but maybe it's the time to move on..
Message 4 of 9

Anonymous
Not applicable

Sunday afternoon and still no 3G service. Tried rebooting the phone etc but still getting No Service sign when I switch on 3G. At least by switching off 3G I can make calls and send text by 2G. I agree that a smart phone without 3G is not a smart phone but I expect it will be solved soon. It is annoying that o2 issued a press release on Saturday saying the problem has been resolved when it clearly has not been resolved for some customers. I also think they are wrong in not giving customers a pro rata refund. How can they justify charging for a service that they are not providing. However, I will be staying with o2 because I can clearly remember how bad my previous service provider was and at least o2 customer service answer the phone, and it's a free call, even if they did just tell me to give it another day and phone back again if the problem doesn't resolve itself. Why is the onus always on the customer to chase customer service departments. Surely they should phone me back to check if I still have a problem. And - no apology and no offer of a credit to compensate for the downtime. All service providers seem to take their customers for granted. The only difference between them is to what degree they take us for granted. In my experience, I actually think o2 are one of the better ones, but my patience is being tested - too many network problems.

Message 5 of 9

Anonymous
Not applicable

UPDATE!!

I have solved my problem!! I swapped my One X for One S and installed CM10 with Jelly Bean 4.1.2. I couldn't get any data connection on both before the installation but after that 3G and 2G works even faster than before..:D

Message 6 of 9

Anonymous
Not applicable

"Why is the onus always on the customer to chase customer service departments. Surely they should phone me back to check if I still have a problem."

Having worked in a call centre for a telecoms provider while at Uni, that would have literally meant spending 95% of my time in work calling people back rather than trying to resolve new issues. It would only be in extenuating circumsatnces I would expect a callback from a service provider, or if I had asked them personally to do so. 

Message 7 of 9

Anonymous
Not applicable

Funny how there is never any problem in getting sales staff to phone you back but this is not the case with after sales service. The overwhelming priority is always given to obtaining new business with very little importance placed on protecting existing business. Any business that is too busy to phone customers back is under resourced and doesn't deserve customer loyalty.

Message 8 of 9

Anonymous
Not applicable

3G service eventually returned on Sunday evening after being down for 3-days. Surely that is worth at least one week's credit to compensate for downtime, inconvenience, and goodwill.

Message 9 of 9