Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Staying with O2 - PAYG to Pay Monthly

gemz4the1
Level 23: Casual Specs
  • 2478 Posts
  • 261 Topics
  • 33 Solutions
Although I have decided to stay with O2 and not switch to Giff Gaff I am still swaying towards switching from PAYG to Pay Monthly. I have looked online at the tariffs and I can't decide which one is best.
I use my phone mostly for texts and data. Currently I'm on the 4G Pay and Go Go Go tariff for £15 per month. I am looking for a tariff for a similar price for the same or possibly more allowance.
I like the idea of Pay Monthly as I'd like to use Tugo and I'd like to have a personal hotspot/tethering for my iPad. I know that the iPad uses a lot of data so I need a tariff with at least 1GB of data allowance.
Has anyone got any advice on which would be best?
Message 1 of 30
29 REPLIES 29

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 147141 Posts
  • 636 Topics
  • 28295 Solutions
https://giffgaff.com/support/calls-and-internet/unlimited-internet-and-tethering Its all in their t&c's
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.
Please select the post that helped you best and mark as the solution. This helps other members in resolving their issues faster. Thank you.
Message 21 of 30

gemz4the1
  • 2478 Posts
  • 261 Topics
  • 33 Solutions

Is tethering and creating a personal hotspot the same thing?

Message 22 of 30

Cleoriff
  • 124312 Posts
  • 828 Topics
  • 7524 Solutions

@MI5 wrote:
https://giffgaff.com/support/calls-and-internet/unlimited-internet-and-tethering Its all in their t&c's

Mmmmmm...I see you are clarifying the clarity of the clarification now @MI5 ....

(Sorry... couldn't resist!!   LOLLOL )

*gets back into kitchen* wink

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 23 of 30

MI5
  • 147141 Posts
  • 636 Topics
  • 28295 Solutions
Technically, no, but you need to create the hotspot to have the ability to tether.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.
Please select the post that helped you best and mark as the solution. This helps other members in resolving their issues faster. Thank you.
Message 24 of 30

MI5
  • 147141 Posts
  • 636 Topics
  • 28295 Solutions
Thanks for your input Den wink
Message 25 of 30

gemz4the1
  • 2478 Posts
  • 261 Topics
  • 33 Solutions

I'd rather ask silly questions to make sure i'm 100% clear rather than to stay quiet and still be confused @Cleoriff 

Thank you for answering my sometimes annoying, simple, obivous and random questions @MI5 

Message 26 of 30

Cleoriff
  • 124312 Posts
  • 828 Topics
  • 7524 Solutions

@gemz4the1 wrote:

I'd rather ask silly questions to make sure i'm 100% clear rather than to stay quiet and still be confused @Cleoriff 

Thank you for answering my sometimes annoying, simple, obivous and random questions @MI5 

Totally agree @gemz4the1 . My comment was made in jest...not at you..but at me...who has hardly

understood ONE word of what was written here.(I am so totally technophobic)

So please keep asking your questions because I learn from them wink

PS...I am the master of totally silly questions as MI5 will tell you Smiley Embarassed

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 27 of 30

gemz4the1
  • 2478 Posts
  • 261 Topics
  • 33 Solutions

I am beyond technophobic when it comes to bandwidths lol

Message 28 of 30

Cleoriff
  • 124312 Posts
  • 828 Topics
  • 7524 Solutions

And I had to google the word.....sounds like something that keeps your knickers up to me LOL

As I told you ages ago..I try and learn a lot from what others post and question...

In my world of 'technology'..... every day is a school day Destroy

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 29 of 30

gemz4the1
  • 2478 Posts
  • 261 Topics
  • 33 Solutions

@Cleoriff wrote:

......In my world of 'technology'..... every day is a school day Destroy

Ditto Thinking