Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Staying with O2 - PAYG to Pay Monthly

gemz4the1
Level 23: Casual Specs
  • 2478 Posts
  • 261 Topics
  • 33 Solutions
Although I have decided to stay with O2 and not switch to Giff Gaff I am still swaying towards switching from PAYG to Pay Monthly. I have looked online at the tariffs and I can't decide which one is best.
I use my phone mostly for texts and data. Currently I'm on the 4G Pay and Go Go Go tariff for £15 per month. I am looking for a tariff for a similar price for the same or possibly more allowance.
I like the idea of Pay Monthly as I'd like to use Tugo and I'd like to have a personal hotspot/tethering for my iPad. I know that the iPad uses a lot of data so I need a tariff with at least 1GB of data allowance.
Has anyone got any advice on which would be best?
Message 1 of 30
29 REPLIES 29

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi,

Look at sim only deals.

Decide wether you want a 30 day or 12 month contract.

Look here for the offers https://www.o2.co.uk/shop/simplicity/

Message 2 of 30

Anonymous
Not applicable
I think the £16 a month 12 month sim only would suit you Gemma it's got 1000 mins,unlimited texts and 1gb of data
Message 3 of 30

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi @Anonymous

If from Gemma's opening post her intent is to tether to her iPad via personal hotspot then depending on how heavy it's used and what content is viewed on the iPad, the 1Gb Data allowance wouldn't go far being used this way with Gemma using the allowance on her phone too IMO.
Message 4 of 30

Anonymous
Not applicable
I guess it depends on how much she uses it bob she said she wanted 1gb which is why I suggested that on the next one with 2gb is £21 a month IMO it would be best to try the 1gb if it's not enough you can always move up but can't go down
Message 5 of 30

Anonymous
Not applicable
Fair point Damien.

Gemma you'll have more control if you can stay on a 30 day option. Ie not locked into a years contract.

Take it from one who tethers on another Network it can eat up 1Gb rather quickly.

Let us know what you decide on and how it goes.
Message 6 of 30

Anonymous
Not applicable
You also need to think about he price the 30 day plans although more flexible are more expensive it's personal choice really let us know what you decide slight_smile
Message 7 of 30

gemz4the1
  • 2478 Posts
  • 261 Topics
  • 33 Solutions
I have been looking at the 30 day tariffs.
I am currently on 1GB per month and I just about stay within that limit. I know that the iPad will use a lot more data.
I remember seeing a post on here about O2 doubling peoples data allowance for no extra cost - has anyone got any information on this?
Message 8 of 30

Anonymous
Not applicable
That was on handset contracts Gemma not sim only I'm afraid
Message 9 of 30

gemz4the1
  • 2478 Posts
  • 261 Topics
  • 33 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:
That was on handset contracts Gemma not sim only I'm afraid