cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Staying on O2 but getting a new contract, how do I keep the same/old number?

Anonymous
Not applicable

So at the end of my contract, I plan on moving onto a sim only contract and keeping the same mobile phone and remaining on O2 however I am unclear on how I go about transferring the old number to the new sim? I am staying on O2 and moving from one contract to another so I shouldn't need a PAC code however when the new sim arrives it will come with a new number. How do I go about keeping my old number on the new sim? Just to be clear I am not getting the deal via O2 directly but remaining on the O2 network. Thanks!

Message 1 of 5
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143438 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
You just need to call CS on 202 and ask them to migrate your number to the new sim.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 5
4 REPLIES 4

MI5
  • 143438 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
You just need to call CS on 202 and ask them to migrate your number to the new sim.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 2 of 5

Cleoriff
  • 122366 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

@MI5 wrote:

Could they also pop into an O2 shop and have everything ported over that way @MI5  (I just think of how quck it was for me....10 minutes and job done) wink

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 3 of 5

MI5
  • 143438 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
As there will be 2 contracts running until the number is ported it will need CS to process the transfer to cancel the original contract.

Currently using:
Message 4 of 5

Cleoriff
  • 122366 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

@MI5 wrote:
As there will be 2 contracts running until the number is ported it will need CS to process the transfer to cancel the original contract.

Ah yes.....I forgot you can't do that instore...ah well wink

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 5 of 5