cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Status on a mobile number transfer (PAC has been provided)

soso75
Level 1: Joiner
  • 12 Posts
  • 4 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi,

two days ago I ordered a new O2 sim (pay monthly) and in the form, I indicated that I would like to keep my number and provided my PAC.

This morning I've received my new O2 sim and I've put on my iPhone and also activated it (sending a text to 20220). My question is about when I will be transferred to my "previous" number because I haven't received any text yet with the transfer date. 

Now I've sent this form 

https://www.o2.co.uk/help/device-and-sim-support/how-to-keep-your-mobile-number/online-form

but I've received an email saying: 

"The request could not be completed, the following reason is given for the rejection:

Validation Exception: Sorry, the information provided for our security checks is incorrect. Please check and resubmit your request."

Many thanks.

Message 1 of 12
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143426 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions

Usually early in the day but can be anytime up to 9.00pm @soso75 

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)

View solution in original post

Message 9 of 12
11 REPLIES 11

Cleoriff
  • 122361 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

@soso75 

Looks like you should contact the sales team as they can help with that – message them on Social Media if that works best for you -on Facebook (https://o2uk.co/O2CFB) , Twitter ( https://o2uk.co/O2CTW) or Instagram (https://o2uk.co/O2CIG)

Or you can call them on 0800 081 0255

Guide: Migration & porting into O2  

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 2 of 12

soso75
  • 12 Posts
  • 4 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Thanks

I contacted on Twitter and the answer was just to wait tomorrow.

thanks 

Message 3 of 12

soso75
  • 12 Posts
  • 4 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi,

I've received two texts messages saying:

"O2: Sorry, we are unable to process your port in request please call us on 0344 8090202" 

I've called this number and they told me that tomorrow I will be transfered to my previous number, but now I just received again the O2 text with the previous message.

Please could you have a look at the status of the transfer?

many thanks,

Message 4 of 12

MI5
  • 143426 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions

@soso75 

Just keep rebooting your phone until the port completes.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 5 of 12

soso75
  • 12 Posts
  • 4 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Yesterday the O2 person who attend my call told me that she will send me an email with instructions to transfer the number if I'm using an iPhone, but I haven't received anything yet. Please could you let me know if there are any specific things to do with my iPhone?

At this moment I continue with the new O2 number, waiting to be transferred, but the O2 person told me that it will be today at 6 pm, so will wait.

Message 6 of 12

MI5
  • 143426 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions

@soso75 

After the port has completed, you will need to check the correct number is in Settings >Phone >My Number.

If wrong, you can edit it to the correct number, save it, then reboot your phone.

Currently using:
Message 7 of 12

soso75
  • 12 Posts
  • 4 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

many thanks for your quick answer.

Can I ask about what time is normally the port? 6 pm? From my previous experience I thought it was very early in the morning.

Message 8 of 12

MI5
  • 143426 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions

Usually early in the day but can be anytime up to 9.00pm @soso75 

Currently using:
Message 9 of 12

soso75
  • 12 Posts
  • 4 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Solved. I've been transferred to my number some minutes ago. 

Many thanks

Message 10 of 12