cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Starting a new tariff mid-month - will I get a refund for unused portion?

Elliot3
Level 1: Joiner
  • 1 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi,

My 12 month contract ended some months ago and so I am now on a rolling monthly version. I am looking to renew with a new 12 month tariff through MSE/USwitch due to the much better offers. When I got to checkout with my the new tariff it says my new tariff will start immediately, transferring my old one. However, I pay on the 19th of each month when my tariff/allowances rolls over on the 5th. Does this mean I am bound to lose part of the month or will I be refunded or see an amendment to my next bill that accounts for the fact that I've just paid for the prior month?

Thanks!

Message 1 of 2
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143438 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions

@Elliot3 

Your next bill will be pro rata to take into account both the old and new contract.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 2
1 REPLY 1

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143438 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions

@Elliot3 

Your next bill will be pro rata to take into account both the old and new contract.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 2 of 2