cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Started a new contract and had to pay extra...

Anonymous
Not applicable

I first started my new contract for my iPhone 4s in September, but because I had no credit rating, I had to pay an extra £170. It said on the site that I would get this money back after three months.

So I was wondering:

1. Do I get it back this month, as it's my third month with this contract? I have been billed, but don't have to pay till the 17th.

2. How will I get the money? Will it automatically pay for my future bills, or does it go backto my bank account?

Message 1 of 11
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

adamtemp64
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 16454 Posts
  • 312 Topics
  • 1316 Solutions

It will be credited to your account to pay for bills unless you actually request it as a refund

just call 202 to arrange a refund

It may not be until december bill unless shown this month from the support pages

"When you join O2, we might do a credit check. Depending on the results of the check, we might ask for a deposit as security. We'll give your deposit back after you've paid three months bills on time."

iPhone 11 Pro 256gb on unlimited data
iPad Pro 12.9” 2020 256gb refresh o2 family discount
Apple Watch series 4
My first mobile was in 1995 a CM-R111 from sony on Cellnet.
Wincanton South Somerset (Full 4g 3G 2g indoor coverage) Remember we are all customers here not customer services

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 11
10 REPLIES 10

adamtemp64
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 16454 Posts
  • 312 Topics
  • 1316 Solutions

It will be credited to your account to pay for bills unless you actually request it as a refund

just call 202 to arrange a refund

It may not be until december bill unless shown this month from the support pages

"When you join O2, we might do a credit check. Depending on the results of the check, we might ask for a deposit as security. We'll give your deposit back after you've paid three months bills on time."

iPhone 11 Pro 256gb on unlimited data
iPad Pro 12.9” 2020 256gb refresh o2 family discount
Apple Watch series 4
My first mobile was in 1995 a CM-R111 from sony on Cellnet.
Wincanton South Somerset (Full 4g 3G 2g indoor coverage) Remember we are all customers here not customer services

Message 2 of 11

Liquid
Level 44: Clearly Talented
  • 5942 Posts
  • 98 Topics
  • 305 Solutions
I believe it normally is put into your future bills. I imagine you can request for it to be paid into your bank account. (7-14day wait.

I believe it's after the 3rd month so 4th bill you'll get the money.(how my first contract worked)

Having no credit rating is a sod isn't it:(
Nothing sucks more than that moment during an argument when you realize you’re wrong. So Ive been told wink
Message 3 of 11

Anonymous
Not applicable

Ok, thank you so much upside_down

Message 4 of 11

Anonymous
Not applicable

I was very nearly in this position myself in that I have no loans, only one credit card in good standing and no active mortgage (it is paid off).

The credit check computer does not really have any up to date information about me other than the fact that I was a good risk while I was paying the mortgage.

It is good to know that if you are asked for a deposit that you have options on how it is returned to you and think about it this way... once you have paid your phone bill regularly, that in itself is a plus mark on your record for the future.

Message 5 of 11

Liquid
  • 5942 Posts
  • 98 Topics
  • 305 Solutions
Hmm very true. However I'm in the unfortunate position where my credit rating has been skewed by O2 accidentally:( still waiting upon reply of my email to their credit department.

Unfortunately my age and perfect credit rating means that a single black mark on it puts me under. I cannot get a loan for a new business premises because of it:(
Nothing sucks more than that moment during an argument when you realize you’re wrong. So Ive been told wink
Message 6 of 11

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93186 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6967 Solutions

Hope you get it sorted soon Liquid. You need to chase them up when you get back.

Message 7 of 11

Liquid
  • 5942 Posts
  • 98 Topics
  • 305 Solutions
O I will they've had over a week to respond:(

I'm back just trying to recover a bit haha:(
Message 8 of 11

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93186 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6967 Solutions

perksie
Level 69: Guiding Light
  • 27019 Posts
  • 247 Topics
  • 1614 Solutions

@Liquid wrote:
O I will they've had over a week to respond:(

I think a week is a little optimistic, this is O2 remember.:smileyhappy:

To support Disasters Emergency Committee: http://www.dec.org.uk/appeals text Nepal to 70000 to send £5

Sky Unlimited Broadband - Windows 10 - Nexus 4 Android 5.1.1
Message 10 of 11