Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Split port chaos

gejjaxxita
Level 1: Joiner
  • 17 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I've recently signed up to O2 from Vodafone and I now have a "split port".Half my calls and SMS are going to the vodafone SIM and half are going to O2. Every time I call O2 customer services they are extremely unhelpful and just say "The port has worked" or "Have you tried turning your phone off and on again. This is really frustrating as you can imagine because I need to keep switching between two SIM cards.

Can someone contact me to get this resolved? I fear I'm going to have to change my number.

Message 1 of 42
41 REPLIES 41

madasaf1sh
Level 76: Forum Legend
  • 10170 Posts
  • 55 Topics
  • 3011 Solutions

@gejjaxxita 

All you can do is keep hassling o2, to get Vodafone and them to fix the issue. 

You would possibly have had the same experience with any networks you ported out to..

There is not lot a customer services can do apart from chase the technical teams...  @O2Emma @O2Waqas  Is there any update for @gejjaxxita 

- Xperia 1V - o2 and Spusu
- Pixel 8 Pro - o2 and Vodafone UK
Message 11 of 42

O2Waqas
Former Staff
  • 139 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 8 Solutions

Thank you for the tag @madasaf1sh

I have sent the most recent update to @gejjaxxita via private message. We are waiting for a update from Vodafone, it has been escalated to them. With it being a split port we haven't got much control over it. However i can assure you it has been escalated to Vodafone.

Apologies for any inconvenience caused 

Thanks 

signature
Message 12 of 42

gejjaxxita
  • 17 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

@madasaf1sh  I'm going to carry on hassling O2 to try and get this resolved as you suggest. I'm really surprised with how bad the O2 customer services is, I have to be honest that Vodafone was much better in my 10 years with them and looking back I should not have switched.

Message 13 of 42

madasaf1sh
Level 76: Forum Legend
  • 10170 Posts
  • 55 Topics
  • 3011 Solutions

@gejjaxxita 

I cant blame you, just bare in mind that Vodafone have caused the problem, and literally all they can do is pass a message to the back office team...  And if it was the other way round Vodafone would do the same...

I have horrible run ins with Vodafone's customer services in the past which took emails to Vodafone's CEO and COO to resolve....

- Xperia 1V - o2 and Spusu
- Pixel 8 Pro - o2 and Vodafone UK
Message 14 of 42

gejjaxxita
  • 17 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

@O2Waqas The problem is now even worse! I lost my Vodafone reception but whenever someone tries to call me they get a message saying “number not valid”. This is a really huge problem and nobody at O2 seems to be taking it seriously at all.

Message 15 of 42

O2Waqas
Former Staff
  • 139 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 8 Solutions

@gejjaxxita Apologies for the inconvenience caused. I will send you a private message 

Thanks 

signature
Message 16 of 42

gejjaxxita
  • 17 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Just to update this thread - @O2Waqas has been very helpful but the problem is still not resolved (More than 2 weeks after the port)

I called Vodafone and they said on their end I am showing up as a Vodafone customer and still being billed. I'm not sure if I people on Vodafone numbers can call me or not either.

I would say to anyone reading this to avoid porting your numbers between providers - the amount of hassle it's caused me has not been worth it at all.

Message 17 of 42

O2Waqas
Former Staff
  • 139 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 8 Solutions

Thank you for updating the thread @gejjaxxita

This has been escalated to our porting team, and as discussed on call it is very rare for it to take this long to resolve. 

Thanks 

signature
Message 18 of 42

gejjaxxita
  • 17 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Thanks @O2Waqas  - this does seem to be more a case of Vodafone incompetency than anything.

Message 19 of 42

gejjaxxita
  • 17 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Keeping the thread up to date in case anyone needs this information in the future.

• O2 do not know if the port has happened successfully. They asked me to find someone with a Vodafone number and ask them to call me. (This part is somewhat incredible to me)
  • I contacted Vodafone Customer Services who said I am still their customer and I am still being billed. They claim O2 have not successfully completed the port.
  • O2 have said There is likely nothing further they can do about any of the above.

In summary: Avoid porting your number to O2 at all costs. You are likely to have problems and O2 will not help you.

I'm now confused about my next course of action - @madasaf1sh you seem to have experience with this problem. Do you know how I can:

1. Check if the split port is resolved (I only know one person on Vodafone and they are abroad right now)
  2. Deal with the issue where Vodafone are still billing me - should I be hounding O2 to resolve this or Vodafone?

Message 20 of 42