Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Split port chaos

gejjaxxita
Level 1: Joiner
  • 17 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I've recently signed up to O2 from Vodafone and I now have a "split port".Half my calls and SMS are going to the vodafone SIM and half are going to O2. Every time I call O2 customer services they are extremely unhelpful and just say "The port has worked" or "Have you tried turning your phone off and on again. This is really frustrating as you can imagine because I need to keep switching between two SIM cards.

Can someone contact me to get this resolved? I fear I'm going to have to change my number.

Message 1 of 42
41 REPLIES 41

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 22941 Posts
  • 1022 Topics
  • 3662 Solutions

@gejjaxxita Contact  O2 via social media. They should be able to help you:
Facebook (https://o2uk.co/O2CFB), Twitter (https://o2uk.co/O2CTW), or Instagram (https://o2uk.co/O2CIG)
Or you can call them on 0800 081 0255

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 2 of 42

gejjaxxita
  • 17 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Or you can call them on 0800 081 0255

I tried this 4 times today! CS have no idea how to solve this 😞

Message 3 of 42

madasaf1sh
Level 76: Forum Legend
  • 9984 Posts
  • 54 Topics
  • 2981 Solutions

@gejjaxxita 

If it is a split port then 99% of the time it will be the donor network not completing the port and updating their dial plans

Let me tag the o2 advisors who should be able to assist you keep and eye out for a private message 

@O2KyleW  @O2Emma   Can you assist @gejjaxxita 

- Xperia 1V - o2 and Spusu
- Pixel 8 Pro - o2 and Vodafone UK
Message 4 of 42

gejjaxxita
  • 17 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

If it is a split port then 99% of the time it will be the donor network not completing the port and updating their dial plans

I understand that, but I still need O2 to solve the problem! Customer services seem to not even believe me.

Message 5 of 42

O2Emma
  • 1198 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 34 Solutions

Hi @madasaf1sh  I will pick this up thanks.

signature
Message 6 of 42

O2Emma
Former Staff
  • 1198 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 34 Solutions

Hi @gejjaxxita I will send you a private message so I can look into your issue.

signature
Message 7 of 42

gejjaxxita
  • 17 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Update: I'm speaking with @O2Waqas  but so far this issue still hasn't been resolved, has anyone got any idea how long this problem normally takes to solve? I'm wondering if I should just cancel my O2 contract but I'm worried about losing my number.

Message 8 of 42

madasaf1sh
Level 76: Forum Legend
  • 9984 Posts
  • 54 Topics
  • 2981 Solutions

@gejjaxxita 

I would leave your number where it is for now, as these problems can take a few days to fix, depending on where the problem is..   As moving it will not fix the issue, but will make it worse..

To give you some indication and this is not on o2:

I am on day 7 of not being able to receive any text messages on my ported number which was ported into EE from Honest Mobile, and to be fair to EE they are waiting on Gamma (who own the dialing plan) to fix something.. 

So it can take a few days, be patient (I know not easy) but the techies will be working on getting this fixed for you as quick as they can..

- Xperia 1V - o2 and Spusu
- Pixel 8 Pro - o2 and Vodafone UK
Message 9 of 42

gejjaxxita
  • 17 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

This has still not been resolved even though it's been 10 days since I requested my port. I now have two phones with a SIM in each, some calls and SMS going to one and some to the other!

I have a lot of regret leaving Vodafone now because in 10 years with them I never had such a poor customer service experience.

Message 10 of 42