cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Split line with orange. Anyone ringing me who's not O2 goes to orange voicemail!!!

Anonymous
Not applicable
Someone please help!!!!
I brought my number over from orange when I started my O2 contract with a new phone and now anybody who's NOT on the O2 network, landline or mobile, gets my orange voicemail. It's been 3 days now since the transfer should have been completed and all I get told is it'll be ok in 24 hours, and 62 hours on I'm still missing calls and once again have been told it been escalated by O2 customer help and it'll be sorted in guess how long?? 24 HOURS!!! I've phoned orange to be told it's down to O2 to sort out and they can do nothing from their end, even though I had to put my phone number in before I spoke to someone there, which was the same number I'm trying to have transferred and it brought up all my details on their screen. What the hell is going on?!? Has anyone else been in this situation? If so, what did they do? I don't care if I have to change my number completely now as long as I can get incoming calls from all networks.
P.s. If anyone suggests resetting my phone I've already done that, about 10 times.
Message 1 of 13
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Anonymous
Not applicable

http://ee.co.uk/orangehelp/

http://explore.ee.co.uk/contact-us

I'm not sure if this number is valid :  

0843 506 9240

The free number is either 150 from an orange handset

or try 0800 0790438 from a landline and go through the menu options.

or

Orange Pay monthly150 from an Orange phone
07973 100 150*
0844 873 8586345 from an Orange phone
07973 100 345*

Orange Pay as you go450 from an Orange phone
07973 100 450*

View solution in original post

Message 5 of 13
12 REPLIES 12

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi,

There has been quite a number of people who have had issues porting from Orange to O2.

Its not O2 but Orange that needs to resolve the issue.

Message 2 of 13

Anonymous
Not applicable
Any suggestions about a orange phone number to call to get through to someone there who could help. Customer service at orange started saying this is normal and it should sort its self in......you know how long.
Message 4 of 13

Anonymous
Not applicable

http://ee.co.uk/orangehelp/

http://explore.ee.co.uk/contact-us

I'm not sure if this number is valid :  

0843 506 9240

The free number is either 150 from an orange handset

or try 0800 0790438 from a landline and go through the menu options.

or

Orange Pay monthly150 from an Orange phone
07973 100 150*
0844 873 8586345 from an Orange phone
07973 100 345*

Orange Pay as you go450 from an Orange phone
07973 100 450*

Message 5 of 13

Anonymous
Not applicable
Just speaking to a much more helpful orange operator who said O2 haven't set up the routing of my number properly and he's contacting his team there, who unfortunately finished work at 7pm, to tell them to send a message to O2 to get them to re-route it. Orange are going to talk direct to O2 and when it's done the orange Sim with be dead.
Apparently a problem with numbers that were originally O2 and t-mobile. Fingers crossed he's not lying. Definitely better news than it'll sort itself out in....once again, you know how long.
Btw I called 07973100150 which I'm hoping just comes out of my mins, which are unlimited anyway. That's the same number I rang before and got not help at all. Press 1 when you connect then type in phone number, then press 4 and lastly 2. Hope that helps someone else in the same predicament.
Thank you for the help and advice.
Message 6 of 13

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi.

You're welcome and I hope this settles down and turns out to be a glitch.
Message 7 of 13

Anonymous
Not applicable
Still playing phone tennis with orange and O2 and getting nowhere. Both telling me they are going to email back room staff who will contact each other (02-orange/orange-02) and get the rest of the codes needed to transfer my number over fully but not much happening at all. Still in exactly same position as I have been for last 5 days.
Message 8 of 13

Anonymous
Not applicable
Why does no one seem to know anything about the problem I'm having when I ring up? All I keep getting told at first is no PAC code has been generated/received?? Doesn't anyone keep a log of previous phone calls for outstanding problems? O2 ringing me back on Monday now to see if it has been sorted and to chase it up if not. We'll see.....
Message 9 of 13

Anonymous
Not applicable
Oh my god! I have a phone that works just like a phone. Started getting texts and then calls about 2pm today and still getting the occasional text about missed calls from last few days. O2 was good to their word and called me back at 4:30pm. They said that some of the codes needed to transfer my number to them had been stuck at t-mobile, which apparently has happened on occasion since t-mobile and orange have merged. Either way I have a phone that takes incoming calls now so I'm happy!
Message 10 of 13