Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Split Port Issue

Fox276
Level 1: Joiner
  • 3 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 1 Solutions

@O2Lisa I have seen from previous posts that you have assisted users with a split port issue in the past.  Can you help please 

O2 have tried to port me over from Tesco mobile three days ago.  According to CS team number has been ported, but 02 sim is not activate and receiving no services, but Tesco sim still active.  Tesco claim that number has left them and only active due to split port issues.  Numerous calls to O2 CS team and no resolution, including a visit to the O2 store to complete a sim swap.  

Can you are anyone please help?

Message 1 of 18
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Fox276
  • 3 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 1 Solutions

In case it assists anyone in the future.  A further SIM swap (2nd one in a few days) has resolved the problem.  O2 claim it was something to do with incorrect serial number being entered at their end.

View solution in original post

Message 5 of 18
17 REPLIES 17

pgn
Level 74: Whizz kid
  • 35222 Posts
  • 224 Topics
  • 1558 Solutions

@Fox276, advisor O2Lisa is not back in until Monday, ça 8am. Keep an eye on your PMs, and if your port completes (reboot the new O2 network phone a few times) between now and then, can you update here, please?

Message 2 of 18

O2Lisa
Former Staff
  • 996 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 32 Solutions

Morning all, thanks for the tag @Fox276 

I'll message you privately and look into this for you

My working hours are Monday - Thursday 08:00 - 18:00
Any messages sent outside these time will be responded to on my return.
Thanks slight_smile

signature
Girl in a jacket
Message 3 of 18

Fox276
  • 3 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 1 Solutions

Thanks Lisa.  CS have asked me to visit store again and complete a further SIM swap due to a serial number mix up. I am doing this morning. If this doesn't work I will come back to you.

Message 4 of 18

Fox276
  • 3 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 1 Solutions

In case it assists anyone in the future.  A further SIM swap (2nd one in a few days) has resolved the problem.  O2 claim it was something to do with incorrect serial number being entered at their end.

Message 5 of 18

pgn
  • 35222 Posts
  • 224 Topics
  • 1558 Solutions

Glad to hear you got it sorted, @Fox276 - persistence and in-store attention to detail 👍

Message 6 of 18

KathleenP
  • 1 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hello @O2Lisa. Can you message me to help with the same issue please. We have tried everything. Customer service just keep sending new sims. 

Message 7 of 18

pgn
  • 35222 Posts
  • 224 Topics
  • 1558 Solutions

@O2Ryan is on now, @KathleenP  - hopefully he sees the tag and contacts you presently. Good luck!

Message 8 of 18

O2Lisa
  • 996 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 32 Solutions

Morning @KathleenP, course I can .. I’ll message you privately and look in to this for you 😊

My working hours are Monday - Thursday 08:00 - 18:00
Any messages sent outside these time will be responded to on my return.
Thanks slight_smile

signature
Girl in a jacket
Message 9 of 18

richllew
  • 2 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi everyone.  Sorry to hijack this.  @O2Lisa I've been really struggling with this.   My number was due to be ported over from VOXI over a week ago now.  It looks like I've got a similar issue to those in this thread.  I've been promised call backs on another number 3 times now after being told the the issue has been escalated to the 'Back Office Team' and that they would sort it in 4 hours.  Each time I've given it well over 24 hours (I'm not an unreasonable person!) but I am still in the position that I can make calls, send SMS, use data but cannot receive calls at all.
I've been on chat multiple times and called CS where I was 'promised' that they would personally look into it but that again is over 24 hours ago now.  Help I'm stuck in limbo!

Message 10 of 18