cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Spent all day just trying to pay my bill

Anonymous
Not applicable

Can anyone tell me when I can make a payment today...Spent all day waiting for the 'Errors' to be sorted on the main O2 website....also Text link not working. Hey guys and girls we are in 2017 now ...can we not get the simple stuff done a bit quicker so I do not have to spend my weekends dealing with this nonsense?

Message 1 of 20
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144349 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27671 Solutions
Not sure if this will help but it's a guide to all the ways to pay https://community.o2.co.uk/t5/Pay-Monthly-Pay-and-Go/How-can-I-pay-my-bill/ba-p/1014090
If there is a problem that this can't help with I suggest you call CS in the morning. Call early, 8-8.30 am if you can http://www.o2.co.uk/contactus
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 20
19 REPLIES 19

MI5
  • 144349 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27671 Solutions
Not sure if this will help but it's a guide to all the ways to pay https://community.o2.co.uk/t5/Pay-Monthly-Pay-and-Go/How-can-I-pay-my-bill/ba-p/1014090
If there is a problem that this can't help with I suggest you call CS in the morning. Call early, 8-8.30 am if you can http://www.o2.co.uk/contactus
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 2 of 20

Anonymous
Not applicable
Thanks M15 ...have tried it all today without success...CS a.m it is then . Cheers
Message 3 of 20

MI5
  • 144349 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27671 Solutions
Good luck mate

Currently using:
Message 4 of 20

Martin-O2
  • 8165 Posts
  • 772 Topics
  • 94 Solutions

Please do let us know if you continue to have issues this week @Anonymous! 

COVID-19 support - Help and support from O2 during the lockdown
Access for You: Registration - Find out how to register for our Access for You service.
Just joined the community or thinking of registering? Check out this handy starter guide!
Have a query about your account? login to My O2 for help

If you'd like to take part, why not register? slight_smile
signature

Message 5 of 20

chrisymon
Level 5: Ponderer
  • 134 Posts
  • 8 Topics
  • 3 Solutions

Well tbh shouldnt your payments be made by Direct Debit if in contract as stated in your terms and conditions. If you choose to cancel direct debit you are unfortunitly making it your sole responsibility and you time to make payments. You have chosen this option not o2. Maybe go back to how it should be paid by Direct Debit as it is 2017!!!!

"I work for O2, however any advice or opinion given in this community should be considered my own and not necessarily representative of Telefónica UK Limited." Currently using S7 edge
Message 6 of 20

MI5
  • 144349 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27671 Solutions

@chrisymon wrote:

Well tbh shouldnt your payments be made by Direct Debit if in contract as stated in your terms and conditions. If you choose to cancel direct debit you are unfortunitly making it your sole responsibility and you time to make payments. You have chosen this option not o2. Maybe go back to how it should be paid by Direct Debit as it is 2017!!!!

Long standing debate on here about the pro's and con's of DD's.

There are many reasons why individuals may choose to cancel their DD which is for them to decide. Yes it's in the T&C's at contract inception but there is no legal requirement for it to continue and as O2 offer alternative methods of payment, they need to ensure that all methods work.

Currently using:
Message 7 of 20

Wa10
Level 19: Quirky
  • 418 Posts
  • 32 Topics
  • 29 Solutions

Depends on the type of contract in question whether an ongoing DD is a requirement - as for Refresh contracts, or at least the CCA element of them, it is stipulated that payment of installments by DD is an essential term (13.1 wink ). 

No arguments that other payment methods, where available/applicable, should work though. slight_smile 

I work for O2, however any advice or opinion given in this community should be considered my own and not necessarily representative of Telefónica UK Limited.
Message 8 of 20

Cleoriff
  • 122927 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7470 Solutions

No doubt direct debit should be the way to pay your contract...but as we found out when writing the guidelines it isn't always a feasible option for some people. Varying contracted work hours,change in payment dates, or a sudden change in circumstances make it impossible for some people to adhere to any given date.

As long as payment is made on or before contracted date ..then the customers obligations to O2 have been met.

Edited to add..one of our long standing members had problems for well over 6 months trying to pay his bills by card. O2 had a system error This was O2's problem. Nothing to do with the customer.

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 9 of 20

Wa10
Level 19: Quirky
  • 418 Posts
  • 32 Topics
  • 29 Solutions

Don't get me wrong, I completely agree with you - on a practical level DD doesn't always work, and that's why there's the flexible approach O2 take by offering alternative payment options.

I was merely pointing out that, in the case of the CCA element of Refresh contracts, it actually is a required/essential term of the contract, so technicaly by cancelling the DD or paying by other means there's a breach of that contractural obligation. This doesn't apply in the same way to other account types, nor even the airtime element of Refresh, but it is a term of the CCA. 

That said, it's not a term which is generally actively enforced, as has been pointed out. The only time is usually is actively enforced is where accounts aren't run in accordance with the terms and are disconnected as a result of non-payment. After such an event, the requirement for a DD is actively enforcred in an effort to prevent the same occuring again.

I work for O2, however any advice or opinion given in this community should be considered my own and not necessarily representative of Telefónica UK Limited.
Message 10 of 20