cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Spent all day just trying to pay my bill

Anonymous
Not applicable

Can anyone tell me when I can make a payment today...Spent all day waiting for the 'Errors' to be sorted on the main O2 website....also Text link not working. Hey guys and girls we are in 2017 now ...can we not get the simple stuff done a bit quicker so I do not have to spend my weekends dealing with this nonsense?

Message 1 of 20
19 REPLIES 19

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 122826 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7467 Solutions

To be honest I was ALWAYS stating direct debit is the 'only' way to pay a contract.... until I wrote the community guidelines and asked everyone here (at the time) for their input.

When I listened to what people had to say, I had a much clearer perspective and (less tunnel vision :smileywink:)

What I do object to are those who take out a contract purely to get the phone of choice... and immediately cancel the direct debit. Those are the people who never intended paying via that route..so they are the ones who are committing fraud in my opinion...

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 11 of 20

Wa10
Level 19: Quirky
  • 418 Posts
  • 32 Topics
  • 29 Solutions

Absolutely! And that's what the wording of the terms is there to protect against primarily. slight_smile

People's circumstances change, heck I know that as well as anybody, and unless somebody is taking the proverbial I can't imagine O2 enforcing that term where somebody is in difficulties or would be pushed into difficulties. However, technically and legally, they reserve the right to do so where necessary. 

I work for O2, however any advice or opinion given in this community should be considered my own and not necessarily representative of Telefónica UK Limited.
Message 12 of 20

jonsie
  • 93186 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6967 Solutions
Forget the pros and cons, o2 should enforce the direct debit. Cancel it and receive the full bill...but that's just my particular view on the subject. Sorry if this upsets anyone but you make a rod for your own back when cancelling and we all know the unreliability of the O2 payment system despite company denials.
Message 13 of 20

Cleoriff
  • 122826 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7467 Solutions

I would agree to some extent...however O2 themselves offer up various other ways to pay a contract...so they should exclude and remove those options if they want to enforce DD...

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 14 of 20

viridis
  • 13532 Posts
  • 106 Topics
  • 309 Solutions

@chrisymon wrote:

You have chosen this option not o2. Maybe go back to how it should be paid by Direct Debit as it is 2017!!!!

Yes, lots of things that should happen in 2017, 

Not making people wait 3 months to return dangerous goods, refunds that get forgotten, stock that never arrives, a manager callback actually happening, digital calls not getting crossed, money taken AT dispatch not 6 weeks before....

But it's ok to point the 2017 finger away from o2 isn't it..

Message 15 of 20

Cleoriff
  • 122826 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7467 Solutions

@viridis wrote:

@chrisymon wrote:

You have chosen this option not o2. Maybe go back to how it should be paid by Direct Debit as it is 2017!!!!

Yes, lots of things that should happen in 2017, 

Not making people wait 3 months to return dangerous goods, refunds that get forgotten, stock that never arrives, a manager callback actually happening, digital calls not getting crossed, money taken AT dispatch not 6 weeks before....

But it's ok to point the 2017 finger away from o2 isn't it..

Didn't you have major problems with the payment system as well @viridis (for about 8 months)

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 16 of 20

viridis
Level 56: Guvnor
  • 13532 Posts
  • 106 Topics
  • 309 Solutions
Yes, it didn't work. End of.
They updated something and it screwed so many card payments, even people wanting to buy goods couldn't.
Message 17 of 20

jonsie
  • 93186 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6967 Solutions
But as I remember O2 openly stated there wasn't a problem. ...
@viridis wrote:
Yes, it didn't work. End of.
They updated something and it screwed so many card payments, even people wanting to buy goods couldn't.

Message 18 of 20

MI5
  • 144188 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27632 Solutions
Is there ever?
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 19 of 20

jonsie
  • 93186 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6967 Solutions