Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Spend gap

Ellie959
Level 1: Joiner
  • 1 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Hi all, I put a spend cap on my o2 bill of £0 but forgot about it and recently bought a Google play purchase with the option of tagging it on to my o2 bill. Nothing was blocked and I have been using the purchase, however this morning I recieved a text suggesting that because of my £0 spend cap on my bill that this would have to be amended before payment could be made. Has anyone encountered this before? I tried to ring o2 but was told it was for fraud and stolen phone enquiries only. Im concerned that y credit score will be affected if the payment isn't recieved (even though I've been using the purchase without incident)

Thank you in advance
Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 23047 Posts
  • 1025 Topics
  • 3674 Solutions

@Ellie959 If you want to speak to customer service use any of the numbers in the link below. 0800 587 4005 appears to be the best way to get through. Choose fraud or lost/stolen if necessary. O2's treatment of their customers during this time has been dire.

Guide: Coronavirus Community Help and Support 

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 2 of 6

triggsmum
  • 2 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
How do I go about putting a spend cap on my mobile. I had one on it but recently changed my data allowance and O2 have removed the spend cap. I can't find any link to put it back on. Thanks.
Message 3 of 6

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144185 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27632 Solutions

@triggsmum 

You need to call Guide: Spend caps on O2 

Numbers here Guide: Coronavirus Community Help and Support 

The best number to call on appears to be 0800 587 4005

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 4 of 6

triggsmum
Level 1: Joiner
  • 2 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Thank you.
Message 5 of 6

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144185 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27632 Solutions
Welcome
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 6 of 6