Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Spend cap

Carol67
Level 1: Joiner
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
I want to change my spend cap, however whenever I try calling 202, I get told calls can’t be taken at the moment and when I go on live chat, it says I’m outside the opening hours. How can I change it without speaking to someone? Thanks
Message 1 of 12
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 147143 Posts
  • 636 Topics
  • 28295 Solutions

@Carol67 

You must keep trying to call Guide: Spend caps on O2 

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.
Please select the post that helped you best and mark as the solution. This helps other members in resolving their issues faster. Thank you.

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 12
11 REPLIES 11

MI5
  • 147143 Posts
  • 636 Topics
  • 28295 Solutions

@Carol67 

You must keep trying to call Guide: Spend caps on O2 

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.
Please select the post that helped you best and mark as the solution. This helps other members in resolving their issues faster. Thank you.
Message 2 of 12

Carol67
Level 1: Joiner
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Ok, thank you
Message 3 of 12

O2Kat
O2 Support
O2 Support
  • 10 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 3 Solutions
You can also change your spend cap through the MyO2 app under bolt ons. The change won’t take effect until your next billing date so please bare this in mind.
signature
Message 4 of 12

MI5
  • 147143 Posts
  • 636 Topics
  • 28295 Solutions

@O2Kat wrote:
You can also change your spend cap through the MyO2 app under bolt ons. The change won’t take effect until your next billing date so please bare this in mind.

Sorry, but no, you cannot.

spend.PNG

Message 5 of 12

O2Kat
  • 10 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 3 Solutions

You should be able to change through the MyO2 app shown in the picture below 

6D61A9E4-9E63-4DE6-AB5C-39E5D4BDD39E.jpeg

signature
Message 6 of 12

MI5
  • 147143 Posts
  • 636 Topics
  • 28295 Solutions

@O2Kat 

as you can clearly see in the screenshot I added, it directs you to call CS.

Please don't confuse customers with incorrect information.

Message 7 of 12

O2Kat
O2 Support
O2 Support
  • 10 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 3 Solutions
As a colleague of O2 I am aware of what can and cannot be changed through the MyO2 app. If the poster has upgraded recently (I.e in the last 12 months) then you can change spend cap through the app
signature
Message 8 of 12

MI5
  • 147143 Posts
  • 636 Topics
  • 28295 Solutions

https://www.o2.co.uk/help/account-and-billing/spend-cap

​​​​​​​How often can I change my Spend Cap?

Once a day, you can add, remove, increase or reduce your Spend Cap, by calling us on 202 free from your O2 phone, or contacting us through Live Chat. This can take up to 24 hours to take effect.

For each monthly billing period, we’ll apply the Spend Cap which is active at the end of the month to the whole of that billing period.

Message 9 of 12

gmarkj
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 12389 Posts
  • 95 Topics
  • 1149 Solutions
I upgraded this month and while the screen on the app matches your @O2Kat if you click on it the next screen tells you to page that sends you to o2.co.uk/help/spendcap.
That page then says to call customer services to change it.

Please note, this is not customer services and we cannot access your account. Do not publish personal details (email, phone number, bank account).

Link to our guide on how to contact them can be found here

Message 10 of 12