cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Spam texts

Anonymous
Not applicable

Gmail manages to filter out 99% of spam emails. Why can't o2 filter out spam texts? Just had a fairly "good" spam email asking me to update my Apple id - but o2 should never have let it come to me!

Message 1 of 5
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143406 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
Text messages have to come from a phone number.
Apps such as Truecaller will filter out known numbers used for spam but no system will catch a new number that's not been reported as spam previously.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)

View solution in original post

Message 5 of 5
4 REPLIES 4

Anonymous
Not applicable

...sorry, it was a spam text!

Message 2 of 5

jonsie
  • 92913 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

You want O2 to read your texts and decide if they should let you then receive them? 

Message 3 of 5

Anonymous
Not applicable

I dont mind Gmail stopping spam emails so why should I mind o2 stopping spam texts? They wont actually read them, they will know that the spam texts came from someone other than (in this case) Apple.

Message 4 of 5

MI5
  • 143406 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
Text messages have to come from a phone number.
Apps such as Truecaller will filter out known numbers used for spam but no system will catch a new number that's not been reported as spam previously.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 5 of 5