cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Spam text message?

Anonymous
Not applicable

Anyone know if these are genuine O2 phone numbers?

0345 450 1502

0203 640 9026

I've just received a text asking me to call them - the live chat folk say the text is from a spammer but I've just changed my password and the confirmation has come from the same account as the text with the numbers - confusing...

Thanks for any help

Message 1 of 17
16 REPLIES 16

MercedesS
  • 1192 Posts
  • 17 Topics
  • 18 Solutions

As you know, we are not CS so not sure what to say Don't know 

But, what we could do is to use your feedback/idea @Anonymous to suggest the community creating a "directory" with confirmed O2 numbers, for example. Do you think it would help? Good Idea

Get involved! If a post answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution”.If you are new to the community, please read How to use the community
Message 11 of 17

Beenherebefore
Level 32: Blockbuster         
  • 5063 Posts
  • 113 Topics
  • 12 Solutions

@MercedesS wrote:

As you know, we are not CS so not sure what to say Don't know 

But, what we could do is to use your feedback/idea @Anonymous to suggest the community creating a "directory" with confirmed O2 numbers, for example. Do you think it would help? Good Idea

I think a directory of O2's officially appointed "trusted partners" and their contact numbers would also be informative.

"My life is a facsimile of a sham"
Message 12 of 17

MercedesS
  • 1192 Posts
  • 17 Topics
  • 18 Solutions

And difficult @Beenherebefore but... add it to the "to do list" Good Idea

Get involved! If a post answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution”.If you are new to the community, please read How to use the community
Message 13 of 17

Beenherebefore
  • 5063 Posts
  • 113 Topics
  • 12 Solutions

@MercedesS wrote:

And difficult @Beenherebefore but... add it to the "to do list" Good Idea

Surely O2 have official contracts with their "trusted partners" ?

If not then that explains why we have the problem with, for example, consumers being put on business contracts by Aerial Communications without their knowledge.

Message 14 of 17

MercedesS
  • 1192 Posts
  • 17 Topics
  • 18 Solutions

We didn't say no @Beenherebefore. But if consumers are being put on business contracts by any company without their knowledge, they should open a complain and fix it asap, don't you think? Are we mixing ideas? I thought you knew we were not O2 CS! Lost now sorry Thinking 

Message 15 of 17

Beenherebefore
  • 5063 Posts
  • 113 Topics
  • 12 Solutions
I'll keep it simple :

Does O2 have contracts with all of their "trusted partners" ?
Message 16 of 17

Anonymous
Not applicable

apologies for the tardy response and thanks for all follow-ups. Yes @MI5 I think it was a sales call and they were confused because I was on contract and shifted to PAYG before xmas. @MercedesSFrom my point of view having contacted their chat messaging service, I would have expected them to be able to say what was a genuine O2 number - I don't particularly appreciate sales calls but I would have thought that O2 would prefer to whitelist their sales numbers rather than having their own advisors tell customers that they're spammers... I didn't get any further calls from that number... 

Message 17 of 17