Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Spam Texts

ElinKatie
Level 1: Joiner
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi all, had a strange text saying to update my billing details from the number : +44 7599 443247. Reported to the spam number. Tried some domain lookup places but had no luck, anyone with the same number after you? The website it tried to get me on was <link removed>
- if anyone can find the domain owner or any other help thank you!

Message 1 of 12
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 122832 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7467 Solutions

@ElinKatie @Foxc2  I have asked our admin team to remove the links you have posted. We don't want anyone clicking on those as they are spam. So many people from all networks are getting these messages.

Interesting to see they are from different numbers!!

You did well to come here first. There are are many who wont, thinking it's O2.

As @Bambino  said, just forward the number to the fraud team and hopefully they will be able to work out the IP address of the spammer and put a stop to it. Best of luck and welcome to the forum Welcome

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket

View solution in original post

Message 4 of 12
11 REPLIES 11

Foxc2
  • 1 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

07716901108 text me saying: O2:We were unable to process your latest bill. In order to avoid fees, update your billing information via: <link removed> ...my bill isn't due and I checked my account to confirm..do not click on the link!!

Message 2 of 12

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 23047 Posts
  • 1025 Topics
  • 3674 Solutions
@ElinKatie, @Foxc2 There have been many reports of scam text messages of late. Please take a look at this:

https://www.o2.co.uk/help/safety-and-security/phishing-and-smishing-advice

Reporting a scam email, text or call

Some scams might pretend to be from O2, or from an organisation you already deal with. It's important that we see examples of phishing emails, texts and websites so we can investigate and shut down scammers. To report a suspicious email, text or website:

forward the text message, including phone number or company name, to 7726. It won’t cost you anything and it means we can investigate the sender
As well as reporting the scam text, block the number and any other numbers that arrive with a similar text:

https://www.androidauthority.com/how-to-block-a-phone-number-246484/

https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT201229

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 3 of 12

Cleoriff
  • 122832 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7467 Solutions

@ElinKatie @Foxc2  I have asked our admin team to remove the links you have posted. We don't want anyone clicking on those as they are spam. So many people from all networks are getting these messages.

Interesting to see they are from different numbers!!

You did well to come here first. There are are many who wont, thinking it's O2.

As @Bambino  said, just forward the number to the fraud team and hopefully they will be able to work out the IP address of the spammer and put a stop to it. Best of luck and welcome to the forum Welcome

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 4 of 12

DeeB
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I got text yesterday say “we are unable to process your latest bill. I order to avoid fees, update your billing information via <link removed> from phone number +447934121600 

I also had another message on Friday 13th December telling me that I had made my first call to a premium number which wasn’t included in my tariff. I should check my bill 𝐯𝐢𝐚: <link removed>

Message 5 of 12

Cleoriff
  • 122832 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7467 Solutions

@DeeB 

Follow the advice in the post above from @Bambino 

Do not click on the links and forward both texts to O2 via 7726.

As for the premium number message, you can always check yourself by looking in My O2.

http://www.o2.co.uk/myo2 

You can also block the numbers on your phone.

@Martin-O2  @Marjo ...will you inform the team of this new spam text, ie telling people they have called a premium number?

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 6 of 12

StephanieN
  • 1 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Had the same text this morning saying the were unable to process my billing details and wanted me to update my details via link phone number was +44 7593 083057
Message 7 of 12

Cleoriff
  • 122832 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7467 Solutions

Pleased you came here then @StephanieN 

Follow the advice given by @Bambino  in the post above.

Welcome to the forum Welcome

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 8 of 12

MI5
  • 144206 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27635 Solutions

@DeeB wrote:

I also had another message on Friday 13th December telling me that I had made my first call to a premium number which wasn’t included in my tariff. I should check my bill 𝐯𝐢𝐚: http://s.o2.co.uk/5m9FmGoO

That link appears to be genuine and not a scam.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 9 of 12

Cleoriff
  • 122832 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7467 Solutions

@MI5 wrote:

@DeeB wrote:

I also had another message on Friday 13th December telling me that I had made my first call to a premium number which wasn’t included in my tariff. I should check my bill 𝐯𝐢𝐚: http://s.o2.co.uk/5m9FmGoO

That link appears to be genuine and not a scam.

I didn't click on the link until you posted and it does take you to My O2. Having said that, I have never received a text when I have called a premium number. I knowingly called a premium number 3 times in November and December, so if it is genuine, it's new.

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 10 of 12