Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sony Xperia Xa1

MaryFlange84
Level 1: Joiner
  • 8 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Anyone else had issues with touchscreen on this make of phone? Few forums about read online mentions common fault with XA1 interesting see any response on this. Also keep getting system restore error. Contact Sony directed. Had Sony android phones aw life this first one no last even year brand new 😒
Message 1 of 8
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Cleoriff
  • 122117 Posts
  • 823 Topics
  • 7456 Solutions

@MaryFlange84

After checking on the Sony forums this touchscreen issue appears to be a very common problem after the update to Oreo

Advice on there is exactly the same as @Bambino's. Contact Sony directly for advice,

Do NOT send it to O2 repairs.

Best of luck.

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket

View solution in original post

Message 5 of 8
7 REPLIES 7

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 22907 Posts
  • 1022 Topics
  • 3658 Solutions

@MaryFlange84 Not sure I entirely understand your post, but here's the link for Sony support: https://support.sonymobile.com/gb/contactUs/#gref

Do not let O2 repairs touch the phone. Contact Sony.

I will also tag @viridis, who is our resident Sony expert who, when he eventually sees this, may be able to offer some advice.

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 2 of 8

MaryFlange84
  • 8 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Brilliant thank you. Verge smashing it with hammer 😑
Message 3 of 8

MaryFlange84
  • 8 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Photo screenshot after did screen test. No given me any solution fix problem... https://s19.postimg.cc/v1z983vf7/Screenshot_20180807-061555.png
Message 4 of 8

Cleoriff
  • 122117 Posts
  • 823 Topics
  • 7456 Solutions

@MaryFlange84

After checking on the Sony forums this touchscreen issue appears to be a very common problem after the update to Oreo

Advice on there is exactly the same as @Bambino's. Contact Sony directly for advice,

Do NOT send it to O2 repairs.

Best of luck.

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 5 of 8

MaryFlange84
  • 8 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
That's great thanks clarification
Message 6 of 8

MaryFlange84
  • 8 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Phones off sony. They also advised me contact 02 replacement time being. What joke that was same phone in asda £9 had giv them £25 deposit. Hope gona compensiate with my device plan monthy cost when do get mine back. Can't charge me for phone no got.

Message 7 of 8

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143182 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27459 Solutions
You won't get any compensation on the device plan at all but you might get something on your airtime bill, although that again is doubtful as the service isn't being interrupted at all.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 8 of 8