cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sony Xperia Out of Stock - Likely to Get More?

Portoman
Level 1: Joiner
  • 1 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi

I have just seen that the Xperia L4 is out of stock and nobody knows when it will be back in stock. Is "out of stock" just a polite way to say "we have none left and we won't be getting anymore in"?

I find it strange that nobody at 02 can say when new stock will arrive. Sure, I'd like another Xperia but I cannot afford any higher upgrades.

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 23034 Posts
  • 1025 Topics
  • 3668 Solutions

@Portoman We are all customers. No access to any of that kind of information. The only one who would know is @Chris_K from admin who will most likely be on at some point tomorrow.

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 2 of 4

madasaf1sh
Level 76: Forum Legend
  • 10114 Posts
  • 54 Topics
  • 2995 Solutions
@Portoman

I think the L4 has been End Of life'd as no one is carrying the device anymore.

It also was due to have an update but that has seemingly been canned as well
- Xperia 1V - o2 and Spusu
- Pixel 8 Pro - o2 and Vodafone UK
Message 3 of 4

Chris_K
  • 1851 Posts
  • 404 Topics
  • 161 Solutions

Hey all,

A few months ago we switched the Sony Xperia L4 to 'while stocks last' in our retail estate. Since then we haven't had any further stock intake into our warehouse and it doesn't look like we're expecting any, so this device does appear to now be 'end of life' as far as new stock goes.

In terms of alternatives, looking at the Pay As You Go phone range we currently have in stock, the Nokia G10 (£99, here) and OPPO A53 (£149, here) have comparitively similar costs and specifications - which you can compare in-depth here. The major pros of the Nokia G10 is that it has the largest battery and display of the trio, and it comes with Android 11 vs Android 10 in the OPPO and Android 9 in the Xperia L4 (from what I can see Sony have no plans to update this device to Android 10 or 11, if that matters to you).

If you have a budget and specifications in mind, you can have a chat with our sales & upgrades team on our Social Media profiles if you'd like, and they can try and help find the best options for you if you don't fancy the above options. You can chat with them on Twitter or Facebook.

iPhone 15 Megathread //  Don't fall for scams  //  How to get Volt benefits
Contact us on Social MediaFacebook // Twitter // Instagram
Message 4 of 4